Streets of Fire (2x22) part 2

FIVE YEARS AGO

Oliver made his way silently through the 'Amazo'- as silently as he could dripping water everywhere he went. He made his way into the cell block, dodging the guards and quickly locating Sara's cell.

He used a knife to bust open the lock, and as the door swung open, Sara looked over at him in surprise.

"Thank god!" Laurel exhaled deeply through her mouth, relieved her sister at least had someone with her. Even if that someone had no plan and a very low probability of success.

"Ollie!" she cried repeatedly in relief, jumping into his arms. "Thank God! Ollie!"

"All right, come with me." He said, leading her out of the cell block.

"The sub is right alongside the freighter." He told her. "You just need to swim, ok?"

"Thank god she was a lifeguard that one summer." Lance smiled, he never would have guessed how much she would need her swimming skills in her life.

"Ok." She stopped as he pulled away. "Ok, what are you doing?" she asked worriedly.

Oliver sighed. "I can't leave yet." He said.

"Ollie, come on." Sara began, but he shook his head.

"The Queen family superpower," Thea presented dramatically, "Stubbornness!"

"The cure." He stated. She shook her head no, but he plowed on. "I can't-I can't leave Slade behind." He said. "I'm not just going to- I'm not just going to write him off. We injected him with the Mirakuru. But it was me! I chose you over Shado." He said.

"Ollie, I-I just-I just want to go home.' She stammered out tearfully. "I just want to see my family, Ollie. Come on, please!" she begged, pulling him into a desperate hug.

"I need to do this." He said. "I need to save my friend. I need to at least try." He kissed her slow and sweet. "Get to the sub. Get safe."

"I can't believe how much you two went through." Laurel shook her head.

"Not without you." Sara decided after a moment.

Oliver sighed. "Sara..."

"Come on." She said, pulling him back into the ship towards the cure.

Quentin sighed. "Why do both of you have to be so damned noble?" he asked.

"We weren't noble." Oliver said. "We had to be dragged kicking and screaming to become noble."

"Then what do you call that?" he asked, pointing at the screen.

"Naivety." Oliver replied.

"...Did you just make a joke Oliver?"