Unthinkable (2x23) part 1

The memory set opened in the clock tower. Oliver was lost in through, thinking about the past as Diggle and Felicity watched over Roy.

"Oliver. Oliver, man, you ok?" Dig called out, drawing his attention back to the here and now.

Oliver sighed in frustration. "The cure's not working." He said.

"We don't know that." Felicity countered quickly. "He still has a lot of Tibetan pit viper venom in his system." She reminded him.

"Fingers crossed." Lance murmured revealing to the young teen that his fingers were in fact crossed.

"Thanks man." Roy smiled, "I mean - sir."

"I mean it would take time, right?" Cisco checked in with Caitlyn.

"It should work within the first 15-30 seconds of contact." She clarified, "However considering the venom, it could slow down his blood flow. Or he could already be cured and just be sleeping it off like Felicity said."

Suddenly an alarm sounded on her tablet, and she ran over and grabbed it.

"What's that?" Oliver asked.

"Proximity alarm." She said. "I rigged the tower with sensors just in case Slade's goons came here to kill us."

She pulled up a thermal imaged that showed over a dozen men rushing up the stairs. "Slade's goons are here to kill us." She told him.

"Checks out." Thea shrugged.

"Talk to me, Felicity." Oliver said as he grabbed his bow.

"They're inside, they're right underneath us." She said frantically. "They're inside, there's too many of them!"

A groan caught their attention, and they looked over in surprise to see Roy staggering to his feet. "Where am I?" he asked, shaking the cobwebs loose from his head.

"Oh my god!" Tommy practically squealed.

Suddenly the trap door burst open and a masked solider popped up. Acting on instinct, Roy ran over and slugged the man in the mask as hard as he could...

Then staggered back, shaking his hand in pain.

"He's cured, He's cured, he's cured!" Tommy exclaimed jumping out of his seat and bouncing up and down, pointing at the screen.

"Why is my brother a caveman-monkey?" Thea whispered to her boyfriend causing him to burst out laughing before clearing his throat in response to the odd looks he was given.

The soldier swept his legs out from under him, sending him crashing to the ground. Oliver ran over and kicked him in the face, sending the solder falling back down the ladder.

He shut the door, but another soldier popped up through the hole that Roy had made previously and grabbed Felicity by the ankle. She screamed in panic.