Chap 3: When The Bro-in laws hate each other

*alternate title:
Jiang Wanyin: Grandmaster of Killing the Mood

Narrator's Pov:

The Universe is a bitch. Everyone knows this. But there is no bigger bitch than the man that is Lan Wangji.

Jiang Cheng absolutely despises this man. Even more so right now, when the three of them-consisting of Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng--were awaiting the servants to arrive with their dinner.

Wen Ning had left shortly after greeting Jiang Cheng formally. "Sect Leader Jiang, it is nice to see you again." The former Ghost General said, all without stuttering. Jiang Cheng nodded and gave a stiff smile.

Some days it was weird to be related to the 'fearsome' Ghost General and his younger cousin. Jiang Cheng still has trouble getting used to being related to a half-dead zombie.

Especially when said zombie was the one who revealed the truth of Jiang Cheng's golden core; sending Jiang Cheng to spiral in grief, regret, self-hate and loathing. Oh and not to mention a life crisis after realising he had been living a lie for an entire decade, whilst completely oblivious to his brother's sacrifices.

Haha, yes. Fun times.

Wen Ning was off somewhere since he doesn't need to eat, and Lan Sizhui had volunteered to keep the fierce corpse company. The young man's parents didn't seem to mind him skipping dinner just this once.

No matter how much Jiang Cheng does not care for Lan Wangji, he has to admit that the Second Jade of Lan had raised a wonderful boy. When the truth of Sizhui's birth roots had been revealed to him by his brother, he had initially recoiled from disgust.

Everytime the boy walked by, Jiang Cheng would imagine a sneer on Sizhui's face, a nimbus of fire dancing on his finger tips as he prepared to burn Lotus Pier again--

But then, Jiang Cheng would shake himself out of it, and all he saw was a polite, young man who was raised by two (in his opinion, arguebly) good men. A young man who was nothing like a Wen but wasn't a Lan either...

Ah, right. I digress, let us go back to why (Jiang Cheng thinks that) Lan Wangji is a bitch.

Reason 1:
- He is petty. So very petty.

About a few months ago, when Jiang Cheng had finally summed up the courage to contact Wei WuXian via a letter, Lan Wangji was the one who sent a reply. Jiang Cheng guessed that WuXian never even had a chance to read the letter, no less know that Jiang Cheng had sent it.

The letter, most likely, went to His Excellency's advisors first, went through the sorting process before finally landing in  HanGuang Jun's hands. Lan Wangji probably glanced at it once before deciding to burn it (which was definitely against his clan's stupid rules or whatever). This was why Wei WuXian didn't know about the letter.

Also, the contents of Wangji's response letter were as such;

Sect Leader Jiang,

   ...You truly are a fool. A simple letter will never be able to mend the deep relationship between you and my husband. If you truly want to fix things, come to Cloud Recesses and face Wei Ying. Coward. *drawing of a middle finger*....

Sincerely, HanGuang Jun

. . . Alright fine, Jiang Cheng heavily paraphrased it but the core of the letter remains the same. Lan Wangji is a massive hyprocrite, the biggest.

Reason 2:
- He definitely thinks he's better than Jiang Cheng.

Everyone thinks so mightily of Lan Wangji. He is renowned for his reputation for being so composed all the time, having a mild personality and being a man of few words. And, Lan Wangji was also known to be a man of many talents, like Wei Wuxian except he was more humble abput it. But none of them know him as well as they think they do.: