Chao 18: Redemption

Jiang Cheng's Pov:

Jiang Cheng presses down on Sandu with his foot and it speeds towards Jiao Yang. Jiao yang lifts his palms to the sky and ropes of water shot out of the lake, trying to swat Jiang Cheng out of the sky.

Jiang Cheng maneuvered Sandu out of the way smoothly without breaking a sweat. He zooms toward Jiao Yang and when he was right above the ghost, he jumps off his sword and holds it in his hand.

As he free falls, he slices Jiao Yang with Sandu a few times then hopped back onto the sword and flew out of the way when the ghost tried clawing at him.

When Jiang Cheng tries to attack Jiao Yang again, Jiao Yang suddenly shoots into the air and flies high into the clouds. Jiang Cheng doesn't hesitate to go after him.

Going after Jiao Yang was a big mistake.

As Jiang Cheng gets closer and closer, the wind picks up speed and becomes strong enough to affect his sword in the air. More water tentacles from before shot out from the lake to grab him, making it even more difficult to steer Sandu.

Jiang Cheng searches around for the vengeful ghost, and finds Jiao Yang performing some spell-attack with his hands. When Jiang Cheng glanced down below him, it was only then did he notice that the lake was sloshing around abnormally.

Was the sudden strong wind really enough to make the lake move like that?

The resentful energy forming around Jiao Yang was powerful enough to make Jiang Cheng shiver. "Let Me Show You A New Trick!!" Jiao Yang lifts both his arms up at once.

For a second, nothing happened. Then--

WHOOSH!!

All the water from the lake rosed up into the air as fast as light and then remained in the air.

This left an enormous cavity in the ground where the water used to be. The levitating water could have gotten him wet, but luckily Jiang Cheng was too high up for even a droplet to reach him.

Now, there were lotuses and other plants laying ruined and some fish were flopping around helplessly.

Not only that, there was...

Jiang Cheng squinted his eyes at the black, rusted object. It's a sword! That must be Jiao Yang's sword!

Jiang Cheng sees Jiao Yang wave his arms around in a circular motion, and the water starts following him. He's not done?

The body of water swirls around, faster and faster whilst spreading out and soon Jiang Cheng realised what Jiao Yang was trying to do.

Unexpectedly, Jiao Yang had created a tornado out of the water he stole from the lake, and starts sucking everything in. Debris, loose rocks, loose parts from houses and boats, you name it.

The tornado even tore apart what was left of the boat dock, ripping the wood planks up and getting sucked into the tornado as well. Jiao Yang then moves his arms in front of him and the tornado engulfs Jiang Cheng before he has time to get away.

Jiang Cheng grit his teeth as he gets thrashed around continuously. His feet had already left Sandu when he got inside the walls of the tornado. He can sense Sandu close by but he can't see it anywhere with the dirt and dust swirling in the air and getting in his eyes.

Should he try to summon his sword to him?

He reaches out his hand and uses his spiritual energy to detect his sword. He feels the hum of power. ...There! Jiang Cheng calls the sword over and it returns to its owner.