Chap 10: The Masters Are Missing!!

Narrator's Pov:

"THIRD MASTER HUA AND SECT LEADER JIANG HAVE DISAPPEARED!!!"

...let's back up a bit.

The morning started like this;

You Yi is a servant of Hua Clan and he's in charge of waking up Third Master Hua. He's been the Hua family's servant for less than two years, but under that time he's gotten used to many of Master Hua's habits.

And so doing his job, You Yi heads for Master Hua's room. He knocks thrice on the door to let his presence known then lets himself inside.

"It's Time To Rise Out Of Bed Third Master Hua!" You Yi shouts extra loudly as he enters the bed chambers. He draws open the curtains, hoping the sunlight will wake his master up.

However, there was no response, not even a tired groan of: five more minutes.

"Third Master Hua, Do Get Up! You have breakfast scheduled with the Clan Leader and Sect Leader Jiang." You Yi calls his master's title for what felt like the hundredth time.

He puts his hands on his hips when the lump on the bed still hasn't moved a muscle. He sighs purposefully, right eye twitching.

"Honestly, Third Master Hua, do I need to grab a bucket of water again," You Yi pulls away the blankets, hoping that'll stir Master Hua but then he gasps in shock.

"HE'S GONE!!!" In place where Hua Yongrui should have been was just a bunch of pillows.

You Yi sweats nervously and searches around the room frantically. "Here?" He looks under the bed, and behind the curtains. "Here? Here?"

He upends the table and empties the closets. "Here?" He looks behind the changing screen and even the rooftop.

You Yi has searched the entire room, he's made a mess but the master is still nowhere to be found.

Where is Master Hua?
Where could have he gone off too?

Nothing valuable has been stolen so he must have left willingly, but why?

Most importantly, if Clan Leader Hua finds out that Master Hua has gone missing, what's going to happen to You Yi?!

Hua Ailin might not do anything to him, but Second Lady Hua...

You Yi whimpers and holds his neck with his hands. "I mu-must inform the other servants, maybe they have se-seen him." He hurriedly leaves the treehouse and all but jumps down from the small flight of stairs.

You Yi dashes across the training court and to the main hall. He rushes to the servants' quarters, and nearly collides into another servant on the way there. You Yi grabs the shoulders of his servant friend and whispers, "Ah-Song! Third Master Hua is not in his room! I can't find him anywhere!! Tell me you've seen him!"

Ah-Song was put in-charge of sect leader Jiang. He was the same servant who showed Leader Jiang to his room, until Third Lady Hua decided to take over, that is.

You Yi thought there was a possibility Third Master Hua might have stayed the night with Leader Jiang, so Master Hua is most likely safe. You Yi is hoping Ah-Song can confirm his guess.

However, Ah-Song's lower lip is trembling and his forehead is sweating, and it's here that You Yi realises that Ah-Song seems to be worried as well. Ah-Song shakes his head, "Sect Leader Jiang is gone, too!"

"What!?" You Yi and Ah-Song snap their heads to stare at the third voice.

The third servant, Xiu Ying, happened to be walking by and had overheard their conversation. "Did-did you just say Leader Jiang is missing?"