(Book 2) Chap 1: Love Letter

A/n:

The following chapters were suppose to be a nice little epilogue but the epilogue turned out to be too long so I'm writing them as part of the story.

Btw, i'll be using to hua yuan's birth name and courtesy name interchangeably so don't get confused when a paragraph begins with the name Hua Yongrui.

Also if the chap is in jc's pov, hua yuan will be addressed mostly as Master Hua or Hua Yongrui. While if it's in hua yuan's (hy) pov, jc will be addressed as leader jiang or jiang wanyin.

Summary of following chapters:

Jiang Cheng gets the date he always wanted with the handsome Third Master of Hua Clan...

...or does he?
.
.
.
Jiang Cheng's Pov:

Weeks later....

All was calm and peaceful in Lotus Pier. It was still spring time so the days were long and warm, and Jiang Wanyin was having a fairly nice day. Well, he deems it as nice.

He had sparred with a few of the senior disciples, shot kites with the younger ones; and drank tea and ate biscuits with Shu Mei Ling.

He's feeling cheerier and chipper, it was almost annoying and gag-worthy. The point was, it was a good day. A great day.

However, that will all come to an end when Jiang Wanyin made the decision to announce the following:

I am once again looking for a spouse. Be it maiden or master.

It wouldn't take long for this piece of information to spread through Yunmeng and to the other clans. Soon, the whole cultivation world knew.

Jiang Cheng was in his office, going through a long scroll of people's names and cancelling a few that he disliked. It was Mdm Shu's day off that day, so she wasn't there to help with work. Luckily, Jiang Cheng's schedule was mostly work free.

Then, he came. Wei Wuxian bursts into his office in a flurry of black and red robes with the widest smile. "JIANG CHENG!"

Fucking hell, doesn't he know how to knock? Jiang Cheng jumped up to his feet and glared at his brother with a bewildered expression.

It doesn't take a genius to guess why Wei Wuxian would suddenly be here. Jiang Cheng waved his fist at his brother, "How The Hell Did You Get Here So Fast!? I announced it this morning, did you fly all the way here from Gusu!?"

His brother shakes his head. "No, I used my teleporting talisman. But this isn't about me, Cheng-Cheng~" Wei Wuxian wraps Jiang Cheng in a hug and rubs his cheek against him like a clingy cat, "Finally, ahh!! I knew this day would come! Didi, I'm so happy for you!"

Jiang Cheng recoils in faux-disgust and gently pushes him away, "Shut up! It's not a big deal!---And what the hell do you mean 'finally'?" He paused and he tenses up, "Did you know all along?"

Wei Wuxian looks sheepish and flicks the bridge of his nose, "Well...I sort of put the pieces together after you drunkenly kissed Nie-xiong on the cheek back when we were students at Cloud Recesses." And then you passed out in embarassment, he decides not to add.

Jiang Cheng stares at him stunly then, red blossoms on his face. He doesn't shriek, but it was close to one, "I What!?" He feels as if he's going to have yet another crisis within the span of two months.

Is that why Huaisang winked at me during a few of those conferences? I thought he was just teasing me!?

Wei Wuxian winced from the shouting and brings his hands up like he was the suspect of a crime. "Haha, don't worry too much about it! I swear I didn't tell anyone! Nie-xiong was easy to convince to keep it a secret, for a small price that is."