Chap 12: The Mistakes Of Our Youth Haunts Our Children

A/n: warnings for this chap which includes;
someone drowning and almost dying,
the usual violence,
Angry bouts of yelling,
Character's intense self-loathing

Proceed with caution
.
.
.

Narrator's Pov:

Whizz Zap!!

Zidian transformed into its whip form with a loud crack of lightning. "Jiao Yang, stop attacking Wen Ning! He isn't our enemy!"

Jiao Yang stared at Jiang Cheng incredulously, "Leader Jiang, What Is Wrong With You!?" He made no move to stop attacking.

"I warned you!" Jiang Cheng lashed out with his right arm, letting the whip curl around Jiao Yang. He closed his fist and Zidian coiled itself tighter around Jiao Yang.

However, before the ghost could effectively be trapped, Jiao Yang slipped out of the whip's grasp. If Jiao Yang hadn't been angry before, he was livid now.

In an instant, the colour in Jiao Yang's eyes faded into pure black. "YOU'RE ON THEIR SIDE!?" He bellowed and pushed out his arms.

A force that Jiang Cheng wasn't prepared for collided against his side with supernatural strength and he's thrown over the platform. Right as his feet were about to slip off the edge of the wooden dock, he spread his arms out to prevent himself from falling into the water then twisted his body around so that his feet touched solid ground again.

It would've been deeply annoying to have to fight his dead friend whilst drenched from head to toe.

Lan Sizhui stood bravely with his sword poised beside his uncle. Even though Sizhui was no longer four years old anymore, he was still Wen Ning's baby nephew so Wen Ning felt worried when Jiao Yang came towards them.

"Ah-Yuan, look out!" Wen Ning swiftly pulled his nephew aside and out of harm's way, then blocked Jiao Yang's attack with his forearms. This time instead of dodging any attacks, Wen Ning stood his ground. The meek, fierce corpse was suddenly the powerful Ghost General.

Wen Ning bellowed and threw out his arms, sending Jiao Yang back. Wen Ning clenched his fists and his ghost chains unwrapped themselves from his arms and dropped to the ground in a heap of heavy, cursed metal.

He then swung his heavy chains at the ghost, the chains whipping left to right. However, Jiao Yang dodged every swing, using his ghost abilities to disappear then reappear until he was a short distance away from Wen Ning.

Since he appeared so suddenly, Wen Ning couldn't hit Jiao Yang with his chains without hitting himself as well. A blur of white flew in in front of him. "Ning-shushu, let me help you!" Sizhui sliced away at Jiao Yang's torso with his sword.

Jiao Yang recoiled and screamed, the spiritual sword burning him. This caused his corporeal form to flicker in and out.

When Jiao Yang had ahold of his form again, his image had changed. His hair had fallen out from its ponytail, the long strands touching the floor. Out of nowhere, blood started seeping into Jiao Yang's robes at his stomach area even though there was no wound. His face also became bony and gaunt, his body like a decomposed body with some skin left stuck to its bones.