Chapter 12 - Missing Mate

Elisabeth POV

I didnt even pack any of my belonging. Might as well leave it here. I dont know when im coming back. But thats that. I should leave for now. Alex right. We are not ready for pack merging, probably a long distance relationship will do. But do we even have one now?

I was thinking what i should tell Luca. Trying to keep it as neutral as can be. I dont want to pick fight, i dont want to leave with us still fighting. I understand what he wanted, i understand what i wanted. It is frustrating that we cant have what we both wanted.

Then i make way down the hall where Luca office located.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"come in." Luca voice sound rather tense.

"Luca." i said giving him a smile. He look at me and nod his head and signal me to sit at the chair across him. While he resume to do his paperwork.

"Hey, i dont know how to start this. Maybe both of us need more time to arrange things out. Im sorry for every fight we had here." i said, Luca still focus his eye on the paperwork, not once lifting his head to me. Sulking maybe. Me and my wolf find it kinda cute, an iron fist Alpha sulking with his mate.

"Anddd... You dont have to follow whatever i want. You can do it your way. I try to be reasonable with your way, but it really doesnt work on me. Ermm... Maybe theres another way to work this whole mate things out, we just didnt find the suitable way for us yet." he finally lift up his head, lock our eye contact, push aside his paperwork, lean back to his chair and cross his arm.

"what you were trying to say?"

"Im leaving Luca."

His jaw clenched, muscle begin to tense up, his eyes turn a darker shade.

"Im leaving. For now. We could talk again about this in the future." i pause.

"We need time. Theres a lot of things to be sort out, 2 pack merging cannot be done in just 2 weeks, thats ridiculous, i know that now." giving him a faint smile.

"I should get going." i was waiting for his response. But he didnt utter a word. I take that as my que to leave.

"Alpha Luca." i stand up and nodded at him. And leave.

My heart is shatter as the door shut behind me. Tears fall from my eyes. I try to hold my sob. My wolf whimper calling for her mate. Wanted to be comfort by our mate.

But this is the best for now.

I ran to the pack forest, shift into my wolf and ran my way back to Evergreen Pack. I could really use a run now. The sadness is too overwhelming for me. As much as my wolf would want to go back to her mate. We settle with her knowing being with each other will cause us fight more, which wont benefit us. Hence she lead me back to where we're from.

In an hour i reach my pack. Evergreen Pack.

Duchess make her round while we're in wolf form. I was getting stop by our border patrol but they recognise me as i growl. Then they immediately bow their head to their Alpha.

"Eli?!" of course, he is everywhere. Alex. I growl at him playfully.

"Dont tell me you run all the way from Dark Forest."he said in disbelief. Duchess nod.

"What?! You should have just ask me to wait for you." i growl again at him and left to my house not wanting to have any conversation with anyone.

As i reach my house i shifted into my human form. Walking around naked, preparing a hot bath for myself. Just enjoying the solitary pleasure. The hot bath calm me down, but it wasnt as good as being with my mate. Me and my wolf yearn to be by his side. Being in his embrace. Feel his breath on us.