Chapter 13 - Her Story, His Decision

Eli POV

"Its nice here isnt it? I love to come here everytime i wanted to get away from everything." I said.

"Now, now. I was wondering what makes you come here Alpha. Is everything okay at your pack?"

Captain nodded his head. Then everything went silent again since i am the only want that making conversation. Which is good. Sometimes you need to be the one whos talking and a companion that will listen to your babble.

"We never really get the chance to have a heart to heart talk. But let me do the talking part today and you listen." i said smilling at Captain. He was lying down on my thigh resting as if theres no worries.

"I ascend my Alpha position not on my own will. Do you know that? The stories was only known within my pack. And its a tragic one." i gulp as i remember clearly like it just happen yesterday.

"My dad died a couple of days after he was attack by rogue. That rogue died. My dad wound is deep, his wolf cant help with his healing. And just like that. Our Alpha is gone. I am not into training to be an Alpha. That time i am already 20years old. But since i dont have Alpha training, experience and i never really help with Alpha matters, i am still not qualified to take the Alpha role." i pause, remembering my painful memory that i regret the most.

"So my mom took the female Alpha role. She was good, she took charge, making allies. She is well trained. She guided me. She lead the pack even better than my dad actually did. I learn a lot from her. Since i didnt went for Alpha training, my mom double my task, double my personal training. And made me who i am today." Captain rub his head to my stomache, seems like a way to soothe me. Which i gladly caress his head back and play his ear with my finger.

"And then my mom insist that i am ready to take over the pack. I was 22years old when she told me to took the position. We still busy handling our rogue problem at the time. Eventhough we've been getting help from other packs, but the attack still happen several times a week. So, i dont think it is the suitable time to ascend the alpha role. She insist to have the Alpha ceremony in the midst of a choatic time. I didnt agree to it, some of the elder object it, but she keeps on telling me its time and started preparing for my Alpha ceremony." i stop again. Remembering the next thing i was about to tell is the most painful memory of all.

"The night before my Alpha ceremony, my mom came into my room. She told me she was proud with me. She was proud that i've come so far, she saw me improving day by day. She told me my dad would be so proud of me." i stop again, as a tears  fell on my cheek. Captain immediately raise his head and lick my tears. He whimper seeing me in this state.

"Then i ask my mom, do you regret being mated to an Alpha male with all these responsibilities, and that they will always be the constant target for attack. She said no. She is proud to be mated to an Alpha. She proud that she fight beside my dad. My mom is a female warrior from another pack, she trained harder after mated to my dad. And my  dad let her fight if necessary. It was my mom who kill the rogue that attack my dad that day, they were walking side by side just finishing their patrol round." i sigh  closing my eyes.

"And she said, learn to fight so that you could protect those you love. Dont be a typical female, typical Luna who only want to gets protected. Play a part in the packs life, in your mates life. Having mates means you need to push one another to be a better person. And thats what i saw in my parents relationship. My mom said she wish to see my mate. And i told her the time would come and she'll be there teasing me about mates." i said smile faintly.

"But you didnt come to my Alpha ceremony. Or else we could have met that day, and my mom would have see you." i said stopping again as i pretend to look at him with angry eye. Again he whimper.