🎭 . . chapter thirteen.

( ❑❑❑ )

raeil's advice was effective. her best friend really did need a wake-up call.

seeing how heavy the traffic by their street was, moonyoung gave up the idea of driving to yuta's place and instead, prepared for a run, taking into consideration the short distance between raeil's apartment and his house.

yes, she was running for a man, but since it's yuta, it's socially acceptable.

she herself knew running was fueled by exaggeration, especially when nothing extravagant (like him living somewhere she cannot go to the next day) was going to happen, but she couldn't care less. she was already too desperate for hesitation nor the so-called rational thinking to cross her mind.

as much as the statement made her cringe, 'now or never' sure was fitting.

( ❑❑❑ )

"moonyoung?"

a wave of shock ran through him upon seeing the woman on his doorstep. did she not say she couldn't bear seeing him? it was confusing.

"yuta," she called back, managing to physically hide the extremeness of her emotions. "h-how are you?"

"i'm . . . . doing good! great."

after his noticeably feigned tone, they awkwardly stood in front of each other like statues. the silence itself seemed as if it longed to be broken with the tension it was meeting.

"should i . . . ?"

his question bearing a tone of uncertainty caused her to perk up and plaster a small smile, knowing they both had the same thing in mind. "please do."

his warm hands cupped her face, slowly pulling her in. though the time it took for their two pairs of lips to press was nearly unbearable for her level of impatience, it was worth it.

to her, kissing him, whose lips were marked by the flavor of mint, felt like a pure escape from the cruelness. a 'resting place' as they'd like to call. it felt like the simple yet satisfying things, like closing your eyes to your favorite song with a cool breeze passing by. it felt like a splurge of life and color passing its liveliness to someplace so bland, its corners barely breathing.

it felt like the best fucking thing ever.

not breaking the surreal happening, they helped each other walk towards the couch nearby, slightly struggling because of the weakened knees. but of course, it was nothing they can't handle!

pulling away once they've finally plopped down left the both of them breathless.

in the spur of the moment, moonyoung let out the sob she's been holding back, apologetically glancing at him. "for that night, i'm sorry. i'm so, so sorry. i didn't mean to push you away it's just, you know, everything just got to me and—"

"shh, you don't have to explain yourself. it's okay." yuta beamed warmly, tucking away the disheveled parts of her hair covering her face (also wiping a few tears that slipped while doing so) as he repeated, "it's okay."

no more words were needed to be spoken. the reconnection of their lips was enough to say everything. to answer every question, may it be in ways difficult to interpret. to express what they truly felt. it was more than enough, actually.

they spent the rest of the evening melting into each other's touch, comfort and immense joy being the only sentiments present. everything to them felt right at this moment. and oh, they'd do everything to not make it end.

( ❑❑❑ )