🎭 . . chapter eleven.

( ❑❑❑ )

call her unclear, but if she was being honest, moonyoung missed yuta a lot.

too much to the point where she added staying at least five minutes inside his empty office as a part of her schedule. 

complying to her command, yuta hadn't been attending work for days which, to her, felt like an insufferable period of time.

because truth is, as firm as she looked when she pushed him away, she didn't mean any of it. she knew she'd miss him too much afterwards. and sadly, her prediction was right.

moonyoung missed the smile he flashed whenever she'd enter (not caring if she had the bitchiest expression). she missed the confidence he exuded which served as something so strengthening to her, being one taken over by pessimism. and although his positivity was considerably 'toxic' at times, she was already yearning for it.

how humiliating it was for her to just realize she's grown attached.

infatuated too, perhaps.

but was it simply infatuation or being in love? she couldn't tell.

looking further into the cfo's office, a particular framed picture of them two caught her eye. looking at it caused a flurry of memories from their younger years to come back. she was confused of whether to smile from how much joy the past sceneries brought, or to be sadder, remembering that those times will never come back.

"hey, ms. hae. are you still up for that meeting?"

one of her employees' knocks brought her back to her proper state of mind. she cleared her throat, putting the picture frame back down on his desk.

to go on, she liked to remind herself that she was an overly busy person. she had work to do a company to save. definitely no time to mope around. or to cry over someone she willingly pushed away. or to be sad over the possibility that he might not act the same way towards her anymore once they meet again. none of that.

she had to deal with the outcome of her regrettable decision. painful, yes, but nothing new.

as a person holding large responsibility, it was a must to suck it all up anyway.

"yes. i'll be there in a sec."

( ❑❑❑ )