🎭 . . chapter three.

( ❑❑❑ )

a press conference was held two days after her father's burial.

and damn were journalists so persistent to squeeze out information.

the next reporter didn't help with her coping with this stress at all.

"so on the night of your dad's death announcement, you were seen clubbing with your secretary instead of reflecting over the grief  it has brought you. i myself was shocked upon hearing this. sources say you were even having fun with the brightest smile. you were happy, is that it? does this situation with your dad not affect you at all?

"might i ask, why do you seem so heartless?"

on a normal day, a moonyoung irritated by the question would snicker, then shoot a smirk as she comes up with a witty response.

but this time . . she exhibited an expression different from what she'd usually plaster during something like this.

she was furious.

her fingers that were once tapping away on the wooden surface earlier now stopped, and instead were curled to build up her tightened fist. strength seeped through her gaze, which would've had the ability to cut through if it was a material. she pressed her tongue against her inner cheek, indicating nothing bit fury.

it was painful to witness.

"just because i wasn't as vocal about the pain i felt compared to the other members of my family doesn't mean i didn't suffer from this occurrence too. his position was given to me. and the sole thought of it hurts so fucking much. don't you know how painful it is for me to be called ceo hae now? with the memory of him lingering in my mind? did you include that in your research?"

her outburst didn't stop there. "i'm sick of all your judgements. you do not get to determine the appropriation of my feelings just because you're the damn journalist who has the ability to spread the word. what impactful purpose are you giving to the industry, huh?

"do you think y'all are doing your jobs well? while all of you are making shit ass hurtful articles about people who messed up a little and sugarcoated ones about those you favor? is tormenting the emotions of people with high positions included in your employment contract?

"you make people feel worthless. pressured. i hope you know that."

cameras were still rolling, along with the frowns of the reporters.

for a moment, her eyes were in the midst of shedding tears, but she disregarded them, hopefully before anybody could notice.

"fuck off and forget about my image. i don't live my life for you."

moonyoung brashly walked away, leaving the entire room containing her relatives, coworkers, and the press startled.

( ❑❑❑ )

Today 4:58 PM

nakamoto yuta
< hey are you good?
< where are you?
< should i pick you up?
< moonyoung??
< moonyoungggg
< talk to me :(((((((
< don't leave me on seen :(((((

⇙ missed call 📞
5:17 PM

⇙ missed call 📞
5:19 PM

⇙ missed call 📞
5:23 PM

< please pick up
< i'm worried :((

⇙ missed call 📞
5:29 PM

⇙ missed call 📞
5:31 PM

( ❑❑❑ )