🎭 . . chapter seven.

( ❑❑❑ )

raeil and yuta have been late to work for the third time this week.

their conversations within the cafe about their mutual friend's emotional stability sure had heightened tendencies to prolong each day, causing both of them them to lose track of time.

so now, moonyoung, like the strict boss she was, sat down with raeil inside her own office alone to talk about the sudden tardiness of once perky employees.

little did she know what they were late for.

"you and yuta have been late a lot these past few days, and from my observation, you two always arrive on the same time and the same direction. you've been hanging out a lot, haven't you?"

". . . yeah, and?"

"tell me," she continued, he voice lowering to a whisper as if her following statement was bound to be highly confidential, "are you smuggling drugs?"

this, of course, made raeil snort.

"wha- what the hell?!"

"well, normal assumption would be you two dating, but you seem to be very happy with doyoung and i'm sure nothing can come between you two." she leaned back her leather seat, rolling from right to left out of habit. "and second point, you don't really look like the type to go apeshit over drugs, but who am i to judge?"

the girl could laugh at how wide and wild her boss's imagination was to the point where it involved illegal drugs and connections within the office.

"moonyoung that's . . a nice . . incorrect theory. but even if i do like him, which i don't, i wouldn't waste my time hitting on the guy because you see, my very pretty best friend is lowkey highkey crushing on him and they'd make a superb pair. i don't wanna do anything to change that."

"your best friend likes him? that's funny. do they even know him?"

"yeah, she's been long-term friends with him too. a lot of people say they look like a married couple because they do mmm if only you could see them."

"oh, please tell her to try finding better men. men like that johnny guy in that k-pop group thing. i mean, i myself wouldn't settle for yuta like, come on, ladies. raise your standards."

moonyoung's total obliviousness sure did blow raeil's mind.

she's so dumb. how is she a ceo?

"do you know her?"

". . is it bad that i don't?"

"how the fuck—"

"oh, wait wait wait, i get it now. your best friend is yuta, right? and he loves himself so yuta has a crush on yuta? is that what you're implying?" she asked with an unreadable smile of satisfaction, resting her chin on her right palm. "hah, as expected from that narcissistic bitch."

the pronouns are clear why would it be yuta

"are you kidding me or do you just genuinely not know who my best friend is?"

"i don't know, you've never really mentioned her to me. is it even her or him?"

raeil didn't know whether to feel disappointed or to laugh or to wake up to realism in reality or to just ignore the fact that her best friend doesn't know the actual status of their friendship.

where was the sharp memory she used to flex?

"i— goodbye, i gotta work!"

you don't know yourself? dumbass.

( ❑❑❑ )

━ 🗒 . . gabi's notes

happy happy yuta day :D

and have you heard of aespa