🎭 . . chapter one.

( ❑❑❑ )

what a beautiful night.

hae moonyoung found this particular night one which held conspicuous qualities. her eyes that visually attained a dark splurge of color roamed the specks of liveliness present on the city's bustling life from the wall behind her as it was fully made up of tinted glass.

in her hand was a slender wine glass which had liquid inked with thick red, taking a sip every once in a while as her mind drifted off to the busy scenery.

after a long wait, she was finally their company's ceo.

for the price of the announcement of her father's passing.

most people expected her, mr. hae's most entrusted child, to let go of her cold facade for a while because of the pain it'd bring, but nothing of that happened. her expression still was blank. her tone still was monotonous. it was as if this situation didn't negatively affect her at all.

in fact, she plastered this weird sense of joy after hearing the news.

a knock on her door by her smiley secretary, choi raeil, interrupted her silence containing bliss as she let the company's coo nakamoto yuta

"oh, hey yuta," she greeted, still not shifting from her sturdy position. "should i ask ms. choi to pour you a glass too?"

"your dad literally just died a few hours ago and you're still in the mood to drink?" yuta went straight to the point upon delivering his insight, pointing a glance of surprise towards her.

"shouldn't his death make you at least a little happy? i'm the ceo here now, hun. that means better management for the employees and of course, that includes you. no more unfair treatment, no more cut salaries for petty reasons just because your boss wants all the money, no more pitiful employees getting fired because they spilled the coffee near the ceo, and lastly, no more full-time assholes in the hae family! this right here is a milestone, if i might say."

"have you ever thought of what would this office be without him?"

"wow, way to discredit the other members of my family and i. a lot of people helped to establish networkly. y'all just fail to. acknowledge it because you're so blinded by the frontman's oh-so spectacular abilities.

"not gonna lie, i dislike the way he died," she added, "instead of cardiac arrest and its quick process, he should've just been tied to a burning tree, red ants biting the hell out of him as he painfully dwells on his regrets regarding all the shit he made people go through slowly . . and oh, make him roll down a hill as a finishing touch too! but oh well, he's dead so i guess that's enough."

"i'm— he's your dad, moonyoung."

"he is, and as much as possible i don't wanna acknowledge it because he's such an asshole," moonyoung said. "why are you even crying over him? he doesn't deserve your tears."

as common as these occurances were through their years of colleagueship, yuta still couldn't unravel the meaning behind the fact that she showed no visible signs of melancholy.

he was still her father, you know? even if he really was an asshole, how could a daughter be so emotionless after a situation like this?

"do you even feel stuff or were you just born this numb?" his lips impulsively spilled without any second thoughts, and you could say the mix of insensitivity made him regret it a little.

"oh honey, i do have feelings," she replied, both her gaze and the way her lips curled regaining its mischievous sparkle. "and today i feel really happy."

( ❑❑❑ )

━ 🗒 . . gabi's notes

i missed being in the mood to write extensive descriptions and dialogues 🤩