Chapter 1: Search

Hope you all enjoy this new story and thank you for giving it, and me, a chance!

"We are taking heavy fucking fire." You scramble behind a boulder as you hear bullets pepper the other side.

"Evac! Bombing run! Orbital strike to blow up the fucking planet anything!" You hear your commander yell over the head set as you load a new thermal clip into your shotgun.

"I'm gonna die on this fucking rock." You grumble to yourself as bullet fly by. You peak from behind, letting out a shotgun blast before ducking behind again. "Stupid fucking Cerberus." You draw your heavy pistol and start to return a constant rate of fire, targeting the Cerberus agents that are moving in the fastest.

"We need to fall back!" You hear your commander scream in your ear. "We need to-" An explosion shakes the ground and you turn and watch your commanders position turn into a crater, body parts flying away from the impact site.

"The commander is down! Repeat! The commander is down!"

"Who the fuck is in charge here now!" The comms start to go crazy in your ear as the remainder of you team is sent into a state of panic.

"Keep your fucking heads on people! Cerberus took those civilians captive and we need to get them back!" You yell in response.

"Lieutenant there are too many of them! They are dropping in mechs now!" You look from behind your cover and see two Atlases being air dropped onto the battlefield. "We need to pull out or else we are screwed!"

"We pull out now and those people are getting taken to god knows where to have god knows what done to them." You yell. A cracking voice replies.

"I'm next in line (L/N)! I make the calls. Move back to the ships people we are-" You rip your earpiece out and crush it in your hand.

"Not leaving them." You rack an incendiary clip and take a deep breath. "Do or die." You rise up from behind cover, unleashing shotguns blasts toward the enemy. Cerberus troops start to focus fire on you as your team retreats. A few troops clump together and you unleash a shockwave in front of you, knocking them to the side and leaving them helpless in the ground as you pump rounds down range. Heavy chain gun fire starts to spray the ground around and you you dive behind a collection of crates.

"Those are some big bastards." You say to yourself as your breath heavily. The crate next to you explodes from a rocket impact and you look out from the other side. "Get in close and move fast." You load a clip into your sub machine gun before moving away from cover. You steady yourself before taking off, using your biotics to charge forward towards one of the Atlases. You crash into the shell that houses the driver, cracking the casing. You wind up a heavy punch with your left hand and smash through the glass, grabbing a bar on the inside to keep yourself up right. You then let out a fury of gun fire with your machine gun, filling the cockpit and the pilot full of lead. The mech starts to stagger, falling forward as the pilot slouches onto the controls. The machine comes crashing down as you flip into the air and land on top of it.

"That sound?" You hear a beeping fill the air and your eyes go wide. The other Atlas starts raining bullet down at you, tearing at the metal of its fallen comrade as you charge away, using your biotics to move to a safe distance away from the blast. You stumble forward, the shockwave of the blast causing you to lose your footing. You push yourself up just in time to see a rocket barreling towards you. Digging your feet in, your tank the missile, but you feel shields crack and a warning flashing red on your omni-tool. You send a shockwave forward, using it as a distraction instead of an offensive tool and allowing yourself to sprint forward towards the mech. You slide between the legs of the mech, shooting upwards with your shotgun as you do. Dropping to a knee and take aim with your pistol at the mech's exhaust ports. Shots connect and the metal starts to glow red hot. The mech starts to swing around towards you, causing the ground to shake as it does.