Chapter 15: Feros Part 1

Going to chop Feros up into two (maybe three) shorter chapters.

"They aren't too pleased with your decision." A voice says. You slide out from underneath the Mako and see Tali looking down at you.

"Who is they?" You ask sarcastically as you slide back under the vehicle. "I'm sure there are many people that don't agree with what I do."

"The council." She says back to you.

"Eh. What do they even know." You respond. "If they wanted to make on fly decisions then maybe they should have their asses out here instead of sitting in their offices."

"That's a fair point." Tali says. "Soooo...what are you working on?"

"The Mako is rated for some extreme conditions, but just doing a check up to make sure that nothing down here is busted." You answer. "What have you been up to?"

"Just have been tinkering with engineer Adams." She says cheerfully. "It's been great to be able to work on a ship as modern as the Normandy."

"Seems like you two have been getting along well." You respond. "Ship seems to get fixed a lot faster when it's you two working."

"I...well..." She starts.

"Am a kick ass engineer." You say as you push yourself out from underneath the Mako, sitting up and leaning against the side. "Have a little damn confidence in your abilities." She stands there shyly and fiddles with her hands, staring down at the ground. "How is the armor holding up? Did I do well?"

"Oh yes! I was able to sync with it properly and it has been working great!" She responds cheerfully.

"Good! I am happy to hear that."

"When are you going to get me a pretty piece of gear like that?" A voice asks.

"Turian armor is a dime a dozen. I am waiting to find that special piece that just suits you." You respond sarcastically. "Maybe one that matches your eyes."

"Oh har har very funny." Garrus replies. The elevator doors fly open and the three of you look over. "Looks like your best friend is on his way over."

"(L/N)." Wrex says as he walks over. "I need a word." You nod and follow him over to where he has been camped out on the Normandy.

"I think I know what this is about." You say when you get over there.

"Then you know what I am about to say." He says coldly.

"I am aware of what I left alive." You say to him. "I need you to trust my judgement. As a fellow warrior you should know that I am not going to leave something alive that is perceived as a threat."

"You must also acknowledge what my people went through to defeat them." He responds.

"If they do rise again, I will be by your side at the front lines." You say back truthfully. "I'm sure you'll come find me if they do and if I'm dead you'll piss on my grave."

"Ha! You are correct." He laughs.

"Aww like old school buddies." Garrus says sarcastically.

"Commander wants you all upstairs." Joker says over the comms. "Got a briefing on the next mission. The four of you make your way to the briefing room, taking a seat as Shepard walks in.

"Feros is next." He begins as the screen pans to the planet. "Prothean ruins are scattered across the planet, as it was once a megalopolis of sorts. We have received word from a colony that geth have been spotted picking through this rubble."

"If the geth are able to get their hands on anything Prothean we would be in big trouble." Tali says.

"If the geth get it, then Saren gets his hands on it too." Liara adds.