Chapter 2: and Rescue

As this story goes on, I want to make it clear that I am going to be pulling abilities from all three of the games and will not be keeping it restricted to only one game. Also, if it was not clear by now, the class of you is Vanguard.

I am really enjoying writing this story and I hope that you all are enjoying it so far! Thank you for supporting!

Once downloaded, you enter the vent and crawl forward on your hands and knees. Soon, a light can be seen shining from the bottom on the vent. You look down through the grate and into the room below. Colonists being held in cages that are stacked up on top of each other are being guarded by Cerberus troops.

"We have reports that one of the Alliance men got in here. Make sure these subjects are kept in sight until we secure the threat." You hear one man say to the group. The man, presumably the captain, walks off and leaves four guards. You shift the grate out of the way and drop silently into the cargo hold. You slowly creep up towards the cells. A man turns and spots you, but you hold your finger to your lips and signal for him to be quiet. He nods in response and whispers to the person to his left, who looks back at you with excitement. You climb to the top of the holding cells, perching above two of the guards as the other two patrol the room. Using a nova slam, you come crashing down onto the ground between the two guards and knock them away. You draw your knife as the two other guards come around from a crate in front of you. You throw you knife then charge forward. You connect with one and send him flying into the wall across the room. You turn and look at the other guard and just as you do you knife connects and he drops to the ground.

"Now let us out!" You hear one of the colonists yell.

"Will you shut up." You say in a whisper yell. "If they know that I am in here they will"

"Attention all base personnel. The intruder is in the cargo bay. Repeat. The intruder is in the cargo bay." A voice says over the intercom.

"You really did it now." You say as you jog up to the cells. You scan the keycard on the door pad and it swings open. "Grab the weapons from the dead guards and be ready to shoot at anything that comes through that door. "You." You grab the shoulder of one of the men. "Find a big enough vehicle to be able to move us all."

"You don't have a mode of transport for us?" He asks, panic in his voice.

"Find one!" You yell. The freed prisoner nods at you and you continue to open the rest of the cells. Gunfire can be heard behind you as you open one of the last of the cells. You turn and send out a shockwave, knocking over a few guards before you open the last couple of cells.

"I got something!" You hear a voice call. The man is waving his arms at you as he stands next to a troop transport vehicle. "Got the engine warming up now!"

"Everyone! Get there now!" You yell as you jump down and join the small firefight that is taking place. The women and children start to hurry towards the truck as you and the rest of the men try to hold off the Cerberus guards.

"Start moving. I will cover you!" The men by your side start to make a break for the transport truck. You retreat to the truck, firing shots off as you do.

"Get it!" You turn and leg it, jumping into the drivers seat once you are close enough.

"You know how to drive one of these things?" The man in the passenger seat asks.

"Not much harder than a normal sized truck." You respond as rev the engine. "Someone get on the main gun!" You yell back into the vehicle. The transporter lurches forward and starts to make its way through the cargo bay.

"There is the exit it!" The man next to your points towards a closing door as you turn the truck around a crate.

"They are trying to barricade us in." You finish making the turn and stop the truck. "Take the wheel and be ready to drive."