Chapter 31: I Turned You Into A Beast

"Audrey." He muttered. Tears started to flow on my cheeks as I caress his gorgeous face. It felt like I haven't seen him in a decade again. Everything looks surreal. "You're back."

"Yes. Yes I am Troy. I'm here with you as promised." I said and he started to cry. I smiled when his soft side started to show again. It is one of the million reasons why I love him. Our bond is inevitable.

"Your eyes." He pointed, "They're different."

I smiled at him. He must be shocked to see me in such good state. To be honest, I've never felt this way before. My senses are two times better maybe three, but the point is this feels like I'm living in a different body.

"Their gleaming, yellow." he said. "It's beautiful, could it be.." he added. I shook my head. He got to be kidding me. My eyes are brown and it's far from yellow.

"Stop with nonsense talking. We have to do something about your wounds." I said as I tried to apply pressure in his arm. This is not good. Any moment wasted can worsen the situation. I have to take him back even if this means carrying him from here.

"You're warm, sweetheart." He said as I tried to pull him up. I supported his left arm and applied pressure to the other. He's heavy and big. I hope we can get back there in time.

"Hang on tight Troy. We'll get through this." I said and he smiled at me. Perhaps I saw how much pain he is right now and I started to cry. It hurts more to see your mate dying than dying yourself.

"I can't believe you're with me again. I guess the moon goddess heard my plea. I-" he coughed blood. I need to get him back!

"Troy, Please stop talking. We will get there okay? You have to promise me you will get better. We will have the time of our lives. So please I beg you!" I cried and he smiled at me.

"If it's a request from you. I will." He said and we started to walk. Step by step, his body became weak and heavy.

The canopy of the forest is not helping. It was dark and cold. His heavy breathing and slow heart beat hunts me. Troy's life depends on me. I will never forgive myself if something bad will happen to him.

"Calm down, Mate." He whispered. I assured him with and odd smile. He must've sensed how nervous I am right now.

"Howl." he whispered.

"What?" I asked and his eyes looked at me.

"Howl. If the pack will recognize your voice they will come here." he said. "I'm afraid my body is too pathetic that a simple task like that would be fatal." he added.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I can't howl Troy. That is a wolf-thing. We should be more aware of your welfare. Don't worry I'll get-"

"Audrey. I know you can feel it too. I bit your neck a while ago and I am aware of the consequences." he explained. His body collapsed on the ground and I squealed. "I'm afraid I have turned you into a monster I am."

What is happening. Someone please...

"Howl." he said and a large amount of blood oozed from his arm. I panicked and applied pressure and ripped some part of my shirt to stop the bleeding. "They will know we are here."

"What the heck!" I said panicky. Howl? how am I supposed to do that? Do I even know what it is? This is crazy. I can't do this.

I pulled him over in my arms and rested his body to my lap. The cold spiky ground scratched my thighs but it doesn't matter. I have to do something. I started to cry again. This situation is much worse! I'd rather die for his sake! I don't want this kind of ending. Please..