Chapter 33: I'm Leaving, Again

"So, how's the flight, Elizabeth?" Aunt Beth asked, remove the attention to us.

"It was fine, I really hate riding airplanes! By the way, how's the pack doing?" she said and Madam Rosette offered us a seat.She looks like Gabriel. She was beautiful despite her age! She looks younger than Aunt Beth!

"We are currently expanding our land from the north. We are having a hard time dealing with rogues that illegally claimed the area. I sent some of our men to scout the place." Troy said.

"How about you Mother? How's the new pack?" he asked.

That made sense. Flash back to my childhood, Troy is a lone child. His father died when he's around nine years old. How is it possible that Troy have younger brothers? And his Mother got a new pack? Now I'm curious.

"Oh, everything is fine. Blood Moon is busy taking some recruitment to training. Last battle did a great number on us. We have to cope up." She answered. "I came here on dual purpose. First is to finally meet Audrey, second is to invite you to the wedding of Theodore." She said and we all give our greetings

"When is it?" Grandma Candice asked.

"Oh, it will be held next week. Troy," she said and glanced at Troy, "Your brother is expecting you earlier than that. You two have lots of things to talk about." she added.

"Oh, our vacation here is done. It's almost three months and we have to go back to Canada. We are leaving next week." Aunt Beth said.

Oh, I merely forgot. I'm leaving this place.

"Yeah.." I trailed off. I need to work, I have to submit my resume together with Shane. We're applying for an assistant nurse of Mr.Custodio. He's really kind to us and he helped me a lot. During college, his lectures and notes really helped me. I also wanted to start a café near the talent agency I always pass by. I want to see artists taking their free time inside my shop! I remember the shoes I always wanted to buy. Maybe it's out of stack now! I need to go back to Canada.

"So you're leaving again huh?" Troy muttered and I can see pain in his eyes. After all the things that happened it was hard to leave now but I need to secure my future. I want to be acknowledged. I need to know my capabilities. I'm still young to stop here and live with him. Troy said he's going to wait for me.

"Troy, I came here for a vacation now that it has come to an end. I still need to do a lot of things. I said to you, right? I'm still not ready for it. Please don't make it difficult for me to leave." I explained.

"No. I won't let you go! Never again!" he said and slammed the table close fisted. I gasped. He turned around and stomped out of the room.

"Excuse me, I'll talk to him." I said and followed him.

How can he act so childish now? It's not helping! I have to go back. I have a life there too. I never plan on staying here but right now, it's harder to leave everything behind again. I have Troy now, I love him! What should I do? My career is just one step away from reality. My dreams, they're right here. All I have to do is decide. Should I stay here and live with Troy? Or go back to Canada and live the life I've always imagined.

"The mansion is huge! I can't find him!" I gasped for air and the only place I know that I didn't check is my room. I rushed to open it and I gasped to see Troy.

"Troy!"

He's sitting on the edge of the bed, crying. I sat beside him and held his hand. I know how hard this is for him. He waited for me for ten years. Anyone can say how much they love you but not anyone can wait. I appreciate how loving and gentle Troy is. But the fact that he wants me to stay here with him because of his personal reasons, I can't give him that. I'm only eighteen, tuning nineteen and I still have a lot of things to do. We should enjoy our lives first, we are young. I wiped away his tears and he hugged me.

This scene happened just like before, he's crying because I have to go. Again, it was for my sake and I need to choose whether I will be with him or live my life with family. I was wrong to think that he changed while I was gone. He's still the crybaby playmate I had a decade ago. I'm feeling guilty, causing all these pain to Troy. He's always the one who gets affected by my decisions and yet he stays. He never made me feel sad, and alone. Never, maybe pissed off but after that he's always smiling. Now that I'm seeing this side of him again, I feel numb. It makes me think that I have no right to be with him.

"I'm sorry." he said. "I acted like a spoiled child out there." He said and sobbed.

"No. Don't say that Troy. I'm sorry for leaving, again. I'm so sorry for being such a selfish woman. Believe me, I will be back." I said and his face rested on my chest. I pat his back until his cries stop. He's complaining about a lot of things and some of them made me laugh. His childish complains like, how is he going to taste my hot cooking again, or the face I make when I get pissed, he'll miss them all. Little did he know how much more I will miss him too.

"I will be back, Troy. I promise."

"I know." He whispered. "I just can't bear letting you go again."

"I can feel how sad you are and it's killing me Troy. I know I will be away from you again, but you have to understand. I can't let Aunt Beth travel alone. She needs me more than it seems. I have a life there in Canada too, I can't abandon it . But that doesn't mean I don't care about whatever happens to our relationship. I love you and I care for you. You just have to give me time, no rush." I said and cried again. I know he will understand.

"How..long?" he sobbed.

"What do you mean how long?" I asked.

"I mean exactly what I said." He said and faced me. His eyes are red because he's been crying for a while now.

"I don't know ." I confessed. I really don't know. I can't promise anything now that the promise of my return again. I will return. That's for sure. "Maybe five years? We're still young. We can meet at a different time and be together again. I just don't want to have regrets."

I said and he sighed. I'm sorry, Troy.

"Let's head back, I'm sure they're worried." I said and he refused.

"I can't face them right now. Go on without me. I will need time to cool my head." He said.

I nodded and left. He needs time to accept things. He needs time for himself. I can't go any further, it will only hurt him more. I'm sorry, Troy.