Chapter 38: There's No Turning Back

I do not pack up my things because Troy said it will just take more time. I wore my typical jeans and shirt. I brushed up my hair and went down. The house is incredibly quiet. Troy already got down and waited outside of the porch with Auntie. I went out and joined them. Auntie gave me a welcoming smile as I approach them,

"Audrey, take care of yourself out there." She said.

"Yes Auntie. I'll visit sometime, okay?"

"Okay, go on." She said and hugged me.

She's one of the people I'm so thankful for. She took care of me and guarded me. She nourishes me like her own child. Even though she's not my mother, I never think that I lack one. She's a person I always look up to, she's my very sweet and carrying Auntie.

I glanced at her for my final goodbye. Troy opened the door for me and we drove off. He minds the road and I do the same.

Is he mad? He doesn't speak to me after morning. Did I do something? He refused to chat and it was totally awkward. He should have spoken first. Oh I remembered! the paper bag Shane gave me.

I look around and try to find the bag. I saw it beside Troy's bag and I asked.

"Troy, can you please hand me over that paper bag?" I ask softly.

He doesn't reply but gave me the bag afterwards. I opened it and gasp. I covered my mouth and studied the fabric no, its an undies! Its a red seductive underwear! Why would she gave me this? Is she insane?! Curse you Shane. Wait till I met you again!

I think Troy noticed my distress and snatch the paper bag off me. I gasped and tried to stop him from opening the bag but, it's too late. He glared at me and my face heated red.

"I don't know what you're thinking but, that's not from me. Jackson gave it to me and said it was from Shane. I don't know what is that but it's not what you think."

"It's good." He reply with a smirk.

"What?! " I gasped.

"Don't you like it?" He said and handed me back the paper bag. He glanced at me, still minding the road.

"No." I hissed. This guy! A minute ago he's so quiet and now.. he's starting to annoy me again.

"Okay." He replied and mind the road.

I sealed the paper bag and threw it at the back seat. The weather is cloudy and it might rain. Troy was driving too fast and it's not traffic. We can get back there fast if this continues. I glanced at Troy and he smiled at me. I refuse to do the same and open my phone. I saw a message from Shane and it says, 'do you like it?' I almost cursed my phone and replied.

We arrived. The mansion is still incredibly huge as it was. The main door cast opened and Madam Rosette rush over. She wore a fabulous black dress and as usual her hair tied up high. Matthew wasn't here, he might be with Shane or at the pack house. The maids are all over the house busy cleaning everything. What's this about?

"Oh dear! Audrey, welcome. Come with me let's talk about things dear!" He said and hugged me.

"No." Troy said.

"Troy I'll just borrow Audrey for a bit." Madam Rosette insisted.

"It's okay with me." I spat.

"No. You should rest." Troy said to me and snatched my hands.

I glance at Madam Rosette's face. Disappointed. Troy hushed towards his room with me. He threw the bags and sat at the edge of the table.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yes. This night is full moon. My pack will insight you as their Luna. We will have a run for you at the pack house this midnight. I will mark you in the proper way." He said.

"Tonight? Isn't it too early?"

"No, it's fine. Or else you will oppose." He said.

"No." I said and sat beside him.

He cupped my cheeks and kissed me. I kiss him back. He sniffed my neck and placed gentle kisses. I let out a low moan as he dipped his tongue on my neck. He rounded my waist and pulled me closer to him. I yanked and started playing with his hair. He gave me an open mouth kiss when the door burst open,

"Sorry to bother Alpha, someone's waiting for you." Gabriel said. He's the second beta of Troy.

"You can at least knock, Gabriel." Troy said.

"Pardon Alpha."

"I'll be there." Troy said. Gabriel glanced at me before heading out.

Troy gave me a quick kiss and headed out. My face was burning red. It's embarrassing.

I looked at my ring and smiled. Tonight, I will be their Luna. It's a great responsibility so I will do my best to become a capable Luna. I will support Troy with everything I have from this day onwards.

---

It's already evening when Troy went back. Madam Rosette visited me in our room and talked to me about things. She is as energetic as she is. Always positive. I wish I could be like her. She said being Luna has responsibilities and obligations which I will encounter.

I stayed in my former room here at the mansion. Lily said she will bring here my clothes so I can dress up. Maybe it's a gown or a fabulous dress just like what Madam Rosette was wearing. I imagine myself wearing a gown, that will be great.

A knock from the door wakes me up into reality. I walked towards the room to open it,

"Lady I brought your clothes." Lily said and I let her in.

She gave me a white box, an ordinary one. I curiously opened it with a glee, I was surprised by what it contained. It's just a pair of jeans and a shirt. I thought it would be more... glamorous or something special but, it's just a typical clothes. I reluctantly accepted and without a word went to the bathroom and changed. I slip it on, and it's comfortable. The fabric wrapped my corners right. Its somewhat stretchy and flexible. Although it looks so common actually, it doesn't? Coz the more you move the more it loses and gets back from its original self.

I moved out and saw Lilly dressed like mine. She has a pair of combat boots? Is that it? Those are what I often saw in movies and it's so cool. She handed me the pair and I slip it on. She braided my hair into an elegant bun. She did the same to her. I tilt my head and manage to ask,

"Is this a uniform?" I said sarcastically pulling the fabric and watching it go back, like a bubble gum.

"You can call it like that. And because you will be the part of our pack, the ceremony needs something like this to be able to like us or uhm.. Let's just say it's a tradition. The mark will be a bit painful but after a while it will be fine." She explained.

After this, there's no turning back.