Chapter 4: Who are you exactly?

Chapter 4

"Come here," grandma motioned to me. "This is Matthew. Matt, this is my grandchild Audrey. Do you remember who she is right?" Grandma said. That made it a little more awkward for me. Am I supposed to know him? If I asked who he is then I would sound rude right. I will ask about him later.

"I do. Of course how could I not." he bowed a little. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Audrey. I am glad that you've returned", he said and I am even more shocked. His choice of words are deep I must commend him for that.

"Thank you and it's nice to meet you as well." I said and he bowed again. What? Should I bow too? Is this some kind of a practice in this area?

"He will be with us until we reached the Castle. He will lead the way. I called Madame Rosette this morning and I said we will be arriving in no time. You ready?" she asked and caressed my cheeks and I nodded. So he's like a tour guide?

"Madame... Rosette?" I trailed off. Who is that person?

"She is friend of mine." Grandma said and I nodded.

"Okay." I replied.

We used the car that Matthew brought to fetch us. It was big enough for the four of us to travel comfortably. Matthew looks tense and unease and he's quite obvious. He kept glancing at me when he got the chance. To be honest, he looks like a weirdo at this very moment. I feel like he needs to tell me something but he couldn't. Should I ask him later?

The travel time was shorter than I expected. Compared to the one we had yesterday this is more comfortable. The view outside was also very beautiful. We travelled at night time so I did not have the chance to see this scenery. It was good! Calming and relaxing. There are flowers and colorful trees that is around the area. I didn't notice this before.

"We're here!" Grandma exclaimed as soon as we arrived. I was stuck in the car with so much awkwardness enveloping me. When we arrived and got off the car Matthew Immediately dialed to his phone. I couldn't hear what he is talking about but I can still feel his glances towards me. It's like I was being targeted.

A man wearing tuxedo attire welcomed us. He presented himself as the butler.

"I will carry your things inside Madame." the butler outside said as he started gathering the bags inside the house. The big shiny front door automatically opened and I watched it with awe. We haven't got inside yet but I am so amazed on how big the place was!

"Welcome Madame Candice." said a girl who had brunette hair and cute round brown eyes as she appeared in front of us. Her warm smile and tan skin made her more attractive. And her accent is a little different? "I suppose she's Lady Audrey?" she asked glancing at me.

"Yes she is." Grandma replied.

"Oh my such beauty! No doubt this is a perfect match made from the goddess of the moon fit for the role of a Luna." She said as she did a slight bow. They always made the bow thing?

"Hush now let's talk about this later." Grandma said and the woman bowed at her.

"Of course." The woman said with the utmost respect.

Wait a second. I'm lost. I've been holding up on things just until now. Who in the world will use the term lady, woman and Madame?! That's like a very formal terms! Should I be speaking like that too? I don't get it but the people inside this Mansion; they are all looking at me. There's something weird going around here, I can just feel it.

"Hi," says the voice that snaps me right back from my inner monologue.

"My name is Lillybeth, you can call me Lilly. It's a pleasure," says the woman who just called me Luna a while ago. She looks like she's just in my age.

"Likewise, Lilly I am Audrey." I said and she giggled. I've never seen someone who smiles so natural and true. I mean, I was surrounded with so many fake asses before, I can tell the difference clearly when someone's smile is genuine or plastic. I hope we can be friends.

"Please follow me," Lilly said. I followed her and was welcomed with a big chandelier and two staircases, red carpet and enormous paintings of a family. It looks a lot like a vintage house with a touch of modern. Everything inside this castle looks too expensive for me. I need to be extra careful! If I break anything I will pay for it for the rest of my life. It was bigger than I thought, imagine staying in this huge house, you would need a hundred maids to maintain this, and everything looked vintage.

"Madame Rosette has been waiting for this very moment. I am sure she will be pleased to see you again after all these years.", Lilly said as we walk towards the living room.

Figures such as wooden swords scroll and head of animals were displayed at the wall. How many years do these things hanging around here? I think we've been walking long enough as we were welcomed by a woman on her red dress and creamy heels that could be heard doors away as it knocked on the floor. She looks beautiful and mesmerizing! Her eyes were deep green, and she looked like a woman in her forties, just like my Aunt Beth but her style is totally different. She is definitely looks like aroyal highness who lives in a castle.

"Beth! Candice! Welcome." She said, hugging them. They must be very close to each other. I never thought Aunt and Grandma have friends from the high society. As I catch up with them she paused. "Audrey? Audrey is that you?" she suddenly stopped and look at me from head to toe.. "Is it really you?

"Uh.. yes. It's a pleasure to meet you Madam." I answered.

"You look gorgeous my dear.", she complimented.

"Thank you." I smiled at her. The true beauty here is you Madam!

They started talking about the old times and time to time it was diverted to me. I'm still having chills knowing that everyone inside this mansion is looking at me. And the fact that they all knew my name before I introduce is weird. I've never been here nor meet any of these people. Not on my memories. They are talking to me as if I am supposed to be here. I feel a little lost in the conversation. What is this strange feeling?

That madam Rosette suddenly turned to me and said, "It's nice that you are here again Audrey." I am sure he will be very pleased to see you. He waited for you all this time. But, this is a surprise of course so he doesn't know", she giggled as Aunt shushed her as if they were hiding something.

"Who is it that you are referring too?" I asked.

"Troy."

When she said that name it ring like a bell on my head. Is he a person that I suppose to know?

After having more casual conversation I excused myself. I have no more topics to bring up and I really need to absorb things. I was warned not to go too far. I told them I will just have a quick look around the mansion and I will be back soon. I must give them some time with themselves too. They miss each other so much and I don't want to ruin the excitement.

I went out to inhale some fresh air on the garden. As expected, the garden is big too. It would be nice to have tea here some time. It was like scenery straight out of a movie.

Troy. Who are you exactly?"