Chapter 13: The Battle

Battle field: Forest of Cea.

"All groups ready, Alpha."

I nodded. SHIFT!

We proceed to the middle of the forest where the rogues are resting. The forest of Cea is a rich land, hunting ceremonies of the pack are usually held here. I can't let them hunt our food here; my territory is a wrong place to visit. I ran where my nose led me, burning wood. One of them sensed us and ran, that's a disappointment.

They shifted as well and their leader faced me with a smirk. He's big I'll admit. He told his pack to line up. This group is huge. Then he told the rest to shift. His members attacked, following everything he ordered. This angered me a little, what a coward. Can't he face me alone?! We can settle this with just the two of us.

What a pain. We lack on numbers but not on skill. I trained them myself and I knew their capabilities. My pack took down half of them quickly. I saw the face of their leader getting pissed. This is starting to get interesting. Then all of them shift and take their flight stances. Matthew shifted too. I growled and ordered the back up to rush in my direction. The East can't get here, they have encountered some problems too.

Finally, the Alpha shifted and charged to me. I've been waiting for you coward!

Go kill him!' says the beast inside of me roaring. Wolves surrounded me and charged one by one. I roared and threw them, snarling. I bit the leg of the brown Alpha. He yelped, as I scratched his right eye. I groaned when he bit my arms and almost tore them apart. This is not good!

I growled and bit his neck again and pinged his body down. One last cry and I know it's over. He damaged me more than I expected. I howled and the rest of my pack howled back. This is a good sign. We won.

I see lots of casualties. Many of them were lost and fighting for their lives, heavily injured. I groaned when I noticed the blood oozing from my right arm. My healing abilities aren't working, too much blood loss. The damage from an Alpha is a lot harder to heal. My body started to fail me, I can't walk straight. Not this time.

I saw Matthew rushing toward me and everything became blurry.

********

Audrey Howey

I was waiting for Troy's return at the living room just like what he told me to. I can't help myself getting worried about his situation. He's currently battling for the sake of everyone, yet here I am watching cartoons. I'm really having bad feelings about this. What's taking him so long?! Lilly then walked in the room with a concerned face.

"W-What happened?!" I said raising my voice and slamming the table.

"Luna, Alpha Troy's pack won the battle but Alpha Troy got injured!" she explained. With those words, I felt my body getting numb as I sat back to the couch.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed. I saw Madam Rosette rushing in the room with my aunt, and stopped when they noticed my silent sobs.

"What's wrong?!" Madam Rosette asked. As much as I want to answer her question, I cannot. My chest felt heavy and it's getting hard to speak. Knowing that Troy is in danger and his life is at risk.

"Lilly?!" Madam Rosette spat.

"Madam, Matthew contacted me to inform the mansion that Alpha got injured and is now unconscious. He also said that they're on the way to get here. Luna please calm down." she said and rubbed her hands on my back. She's right. I need to calm down. This is not the right time to be such a crybaby.

Grandma Candice pulled me over to give me a hug. She whispered soothing words to me, saying that everything will be alright and how strong Troy is.

The door burst open and I saw Matthew carrying Troy on his back .The blood coming from his wound is dripping to the floor. It's not healed yet? His healing ability is not working? It doesn't matter. Troy needs medical attention as soon as possible.

"Matthew hushes now and gets him to his room!" Madam Rosette said panicking. "Call the pack doctor now!" Everyone was in a state of panic. "Alpha was wounded by another Alpha. The wound would not heal quickly. He needs rest."

"The battle just ended and many of our men need medical attention too! The pack doctor can't handle them alone. I doubt he'll make it in time." Lilly said.Matthew rushed to Troy's room and I followed him. My knees are shaking badly to see how severe his wounds are.

"Luna, please get some warm water and a towel." Matthew said while putting a little pressure at Troy's arm.

I quickly did what he said. I don't understand. Why do I feel like crying right now?

"Extra shirt, Luna"

I nodded. I went to the kitchen to get some warm water after that, to his wardrobe to get a towel and extra shirt. That's right Audrey. Calm down. Everything will be alright. I hurried back as soon as I gathered all I need. I gave it to Matthew but to my surprise, he pushed it back to me.

"I think you should be the one to do this, Luna" he said. "Alpha told me that you want to be a doctor when you were young. I have to go." He said. What is Troy thinking? How is that relatable in this situation now?! "Please take care of him until the medics come. Don't worry. He's not going to die." He said and shut the door.

Does hearing that he's not going to die help? I sighed. I need to treat Troy now. I will scold him later. I've treated my wounds before. I can do this too. I rinsed the towel and squeezed it. Then I began to clean his wounds. Luna.Luna.Luna. That word is kept on repeating to my head. Luna is a title for the partner of the Alpha who is capable of becoming a mother of the pack. Someone reliable and strong that pack members can look up to, that's the Luna represent. I am not any of that. I am just... me.

I took a deep sigh before treating his left arm. This sure hurts like hell, the person who did it must be strong. The wounds are severe. This is not going to be easy. I hope that by doing this I can ease the pain. Troy, just hold on for a while.