|1.|

Disclaimer~ I don't own any characters or the show of course

And it's my first ever fanfiction or story in general and I'm excited.

Elijah happens to be my favorite Original❤️

Please do share your thoughts!!!
__________________________

It has been years now since the hollow had been defeated by the Mikaelsons, Marcel was turned back into a normal vampire by Freya, Klaus, and Elijah. And was forgiven by the Mikaelsons as they understood his reasons. Hope had started going to the Salvatore School in Mystic Falls, having a normal teenage life.

Klaus was the king of New Orleans as he desired for so long with Marcel. Kol left with Davina, away from all the family drama and Rebekah was about to leave apparently Klaus was not forcing her to stay like always. After saying her goodbyes to Nik, Freya, and Hope.

She went to see Elijah, her favorite brother to bid her farewell. Elijah looked at her affectionately and gave a smile as she entered her brother's room.

"I'm leaving," Rebekah said walking towards her elder brother.

"I know, Niklaus informed me," he replied standing up from the armchair keeping the book in hand aside.

"I hope you get what you are searching for, Sister," he said, placing his hand affectionately on her cheek.

Rebekah looked up at her brother, he always sounded like it was his fault that she was not free, he blamed himself for all this but Rebekah knew better. She knew it never had been Elijah's fault in any of this, even her brother faced and gone through all the same things she faced. It always has been Nik and his paranoia, wanting to keep his siblings close to him by any means and also killing the people they loved for centuries and even justifying his actions towards them.

She looked at her brother standing in front of her, she loved him, her elder brother, the pillar of this family, a shoulder to lean on since they were children. Rebekah could not believe this man was broken down and shattered when he killed Marcel on that bridge. She remembers Hayley telling her how her brother cried for hours holding her and now even Hayley was dead the woman who gave her brother some moments of happiness, in centuries was gone and he blamed himself for that.

Elijah was broken, his eyes speak, Klaus had his daughter, Freya had Keelin, Kol had Davina, and Rebekah knew she would have Marcel whenever she would be back. But Elijah, was alone, all alone like he has been for centuries. But Elijah never showed his feelings to them, he never said how he felt or showed his emotions, and his stoic face rarely gave out his inner feelings, he was an expert in masking them by now. If she had not known her brother for more than 1000 years, even she would've fallen for the façade he creates.

Elijah deserved happiness, he deserved to be loved and be selfish for himself. Like others, always has from time to time but Elijah placed his family first, even before his own happiness. He had saved Rebekah when Klaus was trying to kill her in the cemetery, he killed Marcel so that Klaus wouldn't need to go through it, he fought and almost died two times for this family. But he never even complained nor did he ask for anything in return. He just did it.

"Come with me!" she blurted out her thoughts aloud; Elijah looked at his sister confused.

"Yes, Elijah come with me," she said with more hope in her words, she took his hand from her face, between her own hands slightly pressing it.

"But Nikl-" he was cut off by Rebekah in mid-sentence.

"Niklaus doesn't need you anymore he has Hope to look after and Freya is there to aid him whenever he needs," she said assuring.