|14.|

Downstairs in Freya's room,

"This barrier would take more time than I had assumed." Vincent sighed, looking at Freya.

"Yes, we are talking about Niklaus here. He has done his best to put up a strong barrier more than one witch's magic infused with a dark object" Freya said, sounding dejected. Off course she was aware that she was strong to pull down the barrier, but she was not able to put her heart to it after listening to Elijah earlier, she felt guilty for her part she played in all this.

Vincent placed his hand on her shoulder breaking her thoughts, "He'll be fine Freya, you need to concentrate." he said, and she nodded "I know Vincent we need to take this barrier down soon." She said making the witch reagent nod. As much as he hates that certain Original, he doesn't wish this for him.

Kol entered the room who had left the compound to cool himself off, as much as he would like to leave this wretched city and Klaus behind and go away back to his peaceful life. He still can't just leave Elijah alone in his current unusual state with Klaus and Freya, and Rebekah to handle this mess all alone.

"I thought you would be gone by now," Marcel suddenly quipped, entering the room behind him. Freya and Vincent were going through some grimoires as they were all scattered on the table.

Kol rolled his eyes, "As much as I like to be gone. I can't just leave Elijah to fend for himself." Kol replied, looking down at the grimoires around the table,

"And I assure you need Rebekah and me to stay around the city more right now!" he added not looking at them.

Vincent looked at him from his book in hand, "I was under the assumption that among all of them you were the least interested?" the witch reagent honestly said, his eyes showed his curiosity.

Freya and Marcel looked at Kol, aware that was not the truth. Even though Kol doesn't shows it he does care about his family, like any of them he too can be merciless when things come to his family, even for Klaus. However, just like his brothers even he doesn't show or expresses it.

"I guess then you were wrong, you hardly know me witch." Kol answered and looked at witch, "As weird as they are and even most of the times pain in the arse. They are still my family, the siblings I know from more than 1000 years that's precisely being my entire life." Kol firmly reasoned looking at witch.

Kol was aware what Vincent thinks about him and his family, even Davina thought that but finally she understood that he couldn't stay away from his siblings, whatever he may say, whatever they may have done, he loved them and probably always will.

"When they need me, when my brother needs me. I can't just run in the opposite direction. Right?" the Original added smirking at the witch.
Freya had a smile on her face, her youngest brother was never the one to defend or express.

Kol picked up one of the grimoires from the scattered pile, opening it as he asked, "Vincent will you answer my question?" Kol looked at the witch and the reagent raised his eyebrow at him, he hardly had met Kol before but everyone knows the Infamous Psychotic Original and even he had heard.

"In all your mortal life, I'm sure there has been family and even friends who you loved almost all your life, right?" he asked, looking down at the book in hand and then at the witch. The witch gave a nod, unsure what was the Original trying to convey, his mind was running with thoughts, aware that all the Mikaelson's possessed a wayward and unkind way to express their thoughts. Marcel and Freya shared a look with each other and then looked at Kol with same expression, listening curiously.

Most of them were looking at a very different side of Kol which was a lot similar to that of Elijah's when he argues with his facts and logics. They all could see the similarities between the two brothers.