10.Bani's day as assistant

Bani felt so much of relaxation after her father's surgery...Right from the start every little thing is difficult for both Meera and her when their father was admitted in the hospital...Without Tapish help she can't arrange such huge amount of money within few days...It's very difficult for both of them to take care of their father and their daily needs...Bani couldn't sleep as she is worried a lot about her father's health condition..Every little thing from arranging food, buying necessary medicines,giving towel bath to their father,feeding him food, seems like a very big task for her.She did everything like a son.No one is there to share their responsibilities..The worst thing is the doctor who is going to do surgery for her father had another emergency case in different city and the surgery was suddenly arranged in the hospital.She didn't have a chance to look at her father before surgery as she went to buy food .The surgery took more time than usual which suffer them a lot that they are going to lose their father..By god's grace surgery went well and there is no risk in their father's health after surgery.When Bani saw her father out of operation theatre tears oozed out from her eyes and she held her father's hands like he is the reason for her survival of life..

Sorry papa...I am extremely sorry..I couldn't see you before surgery...I was stuck in traffic...I....I didn't know that your surgery will happen suddenly..I thought I could never see you again papa...It took more hours for surgery papa..Only god know how I felt...

Beta...I won't leave you both without fulfilling my responsibility as a father..Stop crying...See...Nothing happened to me....I am back to normal...

Bani's father tried to compromise her with more difficulty and he can't find any words to remove the pain in her heart.Bani also couldn't find any words to describe her feelings..The sorrow she dumbed inside her heart is coming out in the form of tears and all of them saw Bani differently because the Bani they knew is a strong and determined woman..They can't believe their eyes seeing the broken state of Bani..She agonized that both Meera and her will be left as orphans and almost she lost hope to see her father again...Meera and Tapish consoled her a lot..But their words didn't went inside her heart. She laid on Meera's lap,hugged her waist like a child and cried till no tears left in her eyes to fell down...Tapish left after talking with Meera's father.
************************************
Allotted leave for Bani ended and She isn't ready to face her colleagues.She don't know how they will react when she become the assistant for her new boss.She is trying to calm her oscillating mind..Finally she decided to reach office in her usual time..When she step into office everyone stared at her and started whispering about her with each other.She felt ashamed, held her head down and decided to meet Veer to proceed further...She knocked the door and waited for Veer's reply..A tough and stern Come in reply came.

Gd mrng sir...

Veer looked up immediately after listening to Bani's voice..His eyes reflected concern for few seconds but he immediately masked it and turned into a cold and arrogant man..

Gd mrng Ms.Sharma...How is your father??

He is recovering sir...Soon he will be completely alright..

Good to hear...From today onwards take training from my old assistant..He will guide you about your regular works..

Veer took the telephone 📞 and call him to the cabin...

Mr.Vikram guide her about all your works before your transfer to another branch...

Yes sir..

Vikram was smiling wholeheartedly and Bani see him like a stupid.

Both of you leave the place and don't waste my time..

Sorry sir...We will leave immediately...

Bani looked at him like an alien and wonder why he need to ask sorry for such a small matter..

Mr.Vikram...Why you asked sorry to our boss?

Ms.Sharma this is the first thing you need to know about our boss..If he is angry at you, immediately ask sorry to escape from him...I am very happy and grateful to you..Because of you I am going to escape from him..It's very hard to be with him...He is an extreme perfectionist and expect his employees to accomplish the task immediately without any delay...Being with him for a whole day will suck all your energy.He will be here sharply at 8.30am and you need to give him a black coffee within five minutes of his arrival..You should arrange his schedule for the next day and provide him on beforehand..You need to accompany him for every meeting and provide the meeting report within an hour..At times you have to stay late after working hours..You need to ask permission from him before eating lunch and even at midnight you should pick his calls without delay...

Mr.Vikram...Stop stop..Am I his assistant or slave...

Miss.Sharma ...Erase this thought from your mind.. Otherwise you can't handle him...

Why I need to handle him...I am just his assistant...

With this attitude it would be difficult for you to work with him...It would be better for you to change yourself according to him.. Otherwise the process he use to change you will be the most scariest thing in your life.He won't choose anyone as his assistant.He might saw a spark in you.

Enough Mr.Vikram...You are portraying him like a god who can change everything...I am not going to worry about what he might think..I am here to do my job and I won't bend down and apologize him if I didn't make mistake...I am not here to adjust with his bullshit attitude just because he offer me salary...

Okay Ms.Sharma...You will know him soon within this training period..Come let us discuss about how to deal with important investors and shareholders..

Finally you are going to train me instead of praising and warning about our boss..

Mr.Vikram felt pity about Bani for not understanding the situation and he worried how she is going to adjust with this new circumstance as she had experience as a project lead...She didn't know that it's easy to work with thousand projects at a time than being an assistant to her arrogant boss..

Bani pray god to shower his mercy on Mr.Vikram because she felt it impossible to be an assistant to Veer..He often call Mr.Vikram and asked about so much of meeting reports and make him to reschedule his today appointments and fixed so many new appointments for the day..He suddenly arranged a meeting with shareholders to discuss about a new project and Mr.Vikram took notes in a lightening speed and submit it to Veer.Bani can feel that Mr.Vikram didn't have enough time to finish lunch due to this suddenly arranged meeting..Veer always kept Mr.Vikram in anxious state to do his work perfectly..In one day she can't count how many times he asked Sorry to Veer..It's almost 9.30pm when both of them left office after getting permission from Veer..She somehow escaped because Veer was busy in his work and he didn't asked about her training...She really want to run far away from Veer but her situation give no other option other than tolerating him..She wonder if it's possible for her to handle him alone after her training period...The person who occupied her entire mind is Veer and only after Meera's call she started to think about her di and father...Deep down in her heart she wished to see her old Veer again atleast once in her lifetime...But,reality hit her mind that he is a monster who can go to any extent to satisfy his ego...She realise that Veer is going to scare her more than the nightmares she had everyday while sleeping...She is physically, emotionally and mentally tired to think of anything and slowly she dozed off into her sleep after reaching home..
************************************
Gd eveng readers...I took more days to update this chapter because of revision schedule for board exam..Forgive me and next chapter will be about Bani's escape plan from Veer's company...Do you think it will affect Veer's wish to patch up with Bani...Kindly comment your feedback about this chapter