Episode 1

There's always something special about the new boy in school..
He looks more handsome than he really is.
He seems smarter .. And more mysterious than all the others.
It's like all lights are on him.. And solely on him, So he shines.

As for Rayan Amer, the new boy in our class, he was already all of this and more without any additions, with no relation to him coming later than the rest of the students in my class, he probably had been under the lights long before he even came to us that winter.

He is so handsome, if the one should be specific, he looks like your every ordinary Algerian boy: big dark eyes, thick dark hair, and a fair skin that is slightly tanned. It's funny though how he who has such common features to still look exquisitely handsome.

He is smart, that is as if his looks weren't already enough to drawn a sea of girls, he is so smart in addition. Rather the kind of smart people who look down on others, and don't even make the effort to show this side of him unless he's forced to, at least that is the conclusion I arrived to after weeks of unintentionally observing him.

It is inevitable in fact to notice Rayan Amer, since whenever he looks at people .. People just want to know what's hiding behind that set of sad dark eyes of his.

the first time we ever spoke, he locked these eyes into mine while coldly suggesting:

_" you move first."

We were in the classroom, and naturally everyone inside the classroom was looking at us because i accidentally blocked his way, we were having that famous Bollywood scene where you get stuck in someone's way and you don't know whether you should go right or left.

We didn't have wind coming from nowhere and fanning us, nor pink petals raining above our heads, Since we were not in a movie, naturally,  Rayan didn't act like a movie hero either, he simply decided to save him self from the embarrassment of bumping into a girl in the middle of the classroom.

He stopped walking, looked at me, then suggested that i move first.

When i chose to step to the right he  immediately chose to walk pass my left shoulder heading back to his seat, his scent was filling the air as he walked making all girls turn to give him a look of admiration.

I was not so different from all of them after all, and i turned to look at the tall boy who almost bumped in me too.

_"Hamidii!!" The Arabic literature teacher shouted my name from behind her desk at the front of the class with an angry tone, waking me up from my dreamy state and forcing me to quicken my steps towards her feeling totally embarrassed, especially that i realised that while i was stupidly admiring Rayan , the whole class was still watching me! they probably were barely keeping their choked laughter.

_"do i have to call your name a hundred times for your highness to come!" The teacher roared next making some students laugh outwardly.

She held her wooden stick and gave several hits to her desk to silence them.

_" i'm sorry" i whispered once the annoying sound of the hits stopped.

_" 10" she shouted my mark in the test out loud ( 10/20). She eyed my paper coldly then added:

_"you wouldn't even get this 10 if it was not for my merciful heart, Aren't you ashamed of calling your self an Arab!"

Making the students who just stopped laughing , laugh again and even harder.

As she hit her desk with the stick again, i took my paper and walked back to my seat.

_" she's the worst" Dounya , my seatmate soon commented when i sat down beside her.