season 3: Episode 14 and last.

Within 2 days, Rayan had already settled his family affair, when he came to pick me up from the hospital and walk with me home he told me to inform my family so as they set a date for him to come ask for my hand.
I was super surprised with how quick he handled everything.. I mean the last time i know he met his mother their meeting ended up with him injured and going to the hospital. So i was very curious about what happened so quickly. Therefore i shamelessly asked right after he finished talking:
_"tell Rayan, did you make amends with your mother?" 
_"No" 
_"then.. How did she agree on coming to ask for my hand?" 
_"i told her i will give my whole inheritance to my step-mother and my three step-siblings if she didn't go ask for your hand without causing any problem" 
I almost had a nose bleeding! 
How could he threaten his mother instead of just talking with her formally!! 
And now she'll always hate me for barging into their lives with force and threats! 
I stopped mid way and i said with flames going out from my eyes: 
_"how could you do that!! She'll eternally give me a hard time because of you!" 
He gave me a serious look ..and then he added: 
_"After the wedding you won't have to meet her again anyways, maybe you'll just see her at her funeral.. I don't think she'll live for very long anyways" 
_"Rayan!" I called.. "When you talk like this you really terrify me! She's your mother!" 
_"SHE'S NOT A MOTHER!" he shouted.
And that was, ladies and gentleman, the loudest scream i ever heard Rayan Amer making.
We were in the middle of the street.. And every passerby stopped to look at us.
But i didn't feel embarrassed .. Instead, i was frightened with how quickly his mood flipped and how raged he became.
Rayan who's usually very calm suddenly looked at me like a monster.. And shouted in my face!
He started breathing hard.. And then just walked away.
I followed him immediately, in the past i would have been so self absorbed and would only care about the fact that he shouted in my face and get angry over him for days, but i was already 25 then.. And i've already known that man for almost 9 years. So how could i just let him walk away alone after such explosion of hidden emotions.
_"Rayan" i called softly after some time of silently walking behind him. 
It was such a cold day and he was sick too, my heart couldn't bear letting him walk looking so lonely from behind any longer. 
When i called his name he stopped .. And turned to look at me.
I don't know what look he had before.. But the moment his eyes fell on me again they only told one thing "i want to hug you".
_"i'm sorry for what i did .. I didn't mean to" he immediately said.
_"i know" 
_" Nadia i really have no family other than you in this life, i wanted to give honor to your family by following all the traditions i don't want them to reject me because of some random people that only share my same blood" 
As he spoke .. He seemed very nervous.
I remembered back in the day when he promised that he will work hard to make me feel proud carrying him name, this promise must have burdened him.
I stepped closer.. And although the mood wasn't fit for a smile still i smiled and said: 
_" well to be honest my mother wouldn't be so pleased to accept your proposal anyways whether your mother acted good or not when coming to our house, my mother doesn't fancy your family at all.. My father on the other hand would do a profound research about you because he wouldn't want to be fooled again with his second son-in-law, but Rayan Amer.. It isn't them who you are going to marry, it is this lady in front of you, and i whole hearted accept you with all that you have and lack" 
He looked at me for so long .. To my eyes.
And then that shameless did it.. He hugged me in public! 
His arms were so strong when they tightened their hold on me.. He was silent. Only the noises of the crowded street filled the air around us, and i could hear some gasps and gossip around us .. Because well, a couple hugging isn't something you'd find everyday in the streets of Algeria.
But the man who was brushing his chin against my shoulder didn't seem to mind them at all. He hugged me for so long:
_"you know that i'm going to kill you after this, right?" I said with a muffled voice to his chest.
His heart was beating so fast, it's really weird that i loved that man for so long but i never felt his heart beats that close.
I tried to push him after some time, but he wouldn't let go.. It seemed like it was a hug he wanted for so long. 
Such a huggy baby.. He've already hugged me twice without my consent.
_"you're still feverish and you still dare come take me from the hospital. Don't come to pick me up until you get better you stupid or else i will have to collect your corpse the next time from the hospital garden" i hushed next to his chest.
This time he chuckled.. I felt the vibration of his voice going throw his chest against my face. 
At that point i already knew that i will leave half my make up on his brown jacket.. So i already stopped my failed attempt to protect my face from colliding into his torso.
_"what to do .. I can't help not coming to you, i love you more than anything" he laughed.
Somehow it seemed like all my winters became warm ever since he walked into my life.
I was always selfish, i lied.. I was unfaithful. And always lost. But since i looked at than man's sad eyes i knew i finally found something to come back to no matter how far i've gone and how lost i was between my heart and mind.
I hugged him back .. Feeling his existence, letting him know that i existed for him to: 
_"never walk away alone again Rayan Amer.. And don't you dare think you don't have a shoulder to lean on, and someone to go to" 
_"i love you too" i added.
9 years ago i met a boy.. Who i loved but never dared to approach, and who was standing alone under the rain.
And he looked so lonely .. Although he already had me. 
I cherished him .. I tortured him, i gave him a life full of love and full of misery, and somehow along the way.. That boy started to hold onto me with a strength greater than mine, and with an unwavering determination.
9 years later his bad habbit of standing under the rain never changed.. Still, he now has someone to wait for.
And the smile he gives me every time i come to meet him.. It says he's no longer alone. 
No matter what, i'd always be grateful that i made that man shout.. I made him cry, and i made him laugh.
We didn't have a perfect love.. Nor we were fair to each other. Together we had more pain than happiness.. But we both.. Ever since we met one winter of our youth .. It came.
That winter .. Our raison to live.. Came.