Chapter Thirteen

**********
Elvis' POV

**********

"What the hell is this I hear about you getting engaged?!" Colonel screamed through the phone.

"It's true." I mumbled.

I held my pounding head with my other hand. I was hungover for the first time in a long time. After Leila said yes we drank champagne, brandy, tequila, beer, and God knows what else.

"Do you know what this could cost us, boy?!"

This sent me into a rage. I was already irritable. It seems like the Colonel was trying to control every aspect of my life. He is my manager and all, but don't I have a say in what I wanna do with my personal life?

"Don't you mean what it could cost you?!" I snapped.

"Don't speak to me that way, boy. I know what's best for you. Getting married this early will corrupt your career."

"No it won't. The fans don't care about my personal life. They care about the music."

"Does it matter?!" He shouted, making my head pound worse. "You're the biggest thing in the world right now. Do you even love her?"

"Yes, matter in fact, I do." I cursed under my breath. "Look, I'll call you tonight. I have too much of a damn headache to talk about this right now."

He hollered at me telling me not to hang up, but I did anyway. I was tired of listening to him. Making decisions for me like he's my father. Who does he think he is? Having the nerve to ask me if I love Leila. Pisses me off!

I slumped down into the kitchen chair, clutching my head. I'm never gonna drink that much again. I think everyone in the house is hungover pretty bad. It's already passed noon and no one is making a sound, thank god.

I don't know how long I sat there, but I heard someone coming down the stairs.

"Where's the damn tylenol?" Leila asked, walking in. I kept my head down, eyes shut. I could hear her search through the cabinets and drawers, becoming more mad when she couldn't find it.

"Hello?!" She shouted, trying to get my attention. "Earth to Elvis, I said where's the damn tylenol?!"

I looked up at her, squinting my eyes. The light was too bright. "I don't know. Check the bathroom upstairs."

She let out a loud groan in annoyance, and trudged back up the stairs, cursing up a storm. Jeez, somebody's moody. No doubt she's just as hungover as I am.

I decided I needed more sleep, so I went back upstairs to see Leila in bed shaking like it was the dead of winter. I climbed in next to her, and wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm never drinking again." She whispered. I chuckled.

"Me either. Go to sleep, we'll feel better when we wake up."

***

I woke up, and Leila was in the shower. I felt so much better, and it was already 9 o'clock at night! I didn't know we slept that long!

I went into the bathroom, and got a crazy idea.

"Hey baby, mind if I join?" I asked her, hoping she'd say yes.

"Are you crazy?" She replied giggling.

"Crazy for you." I pulled the shower curtain back.

"Elvis!" She shouted in surprise, trying to cover herself up.

"I'm coming in." I slipped off my boxers and stepped into the hot shower. Leila was looking away, still covering herself. I kissed her cheek.