Chapter Three

*****
Author's Note

*****
What do you think so far? Comment and rate ^_^
Picture of Leila above

*****

"Get up Leila. You gotta go to school." I heard Elvis say loudly.

I groaned opening my eyes, squinting from the morning sun shining through the window. I saw Elvis staring at me through the mirror, buttoning up his shirt. I rolled over closing my eyes again.

I really don't wanna deal with school right now. I'm too tired and I'd rather stay home and sleep in. I was about to fall asleep again when I felt the covers being pulled off of me.

"Get up Leila. Now!" Elvis shouted.

I sat up glaring at him.

"Can't I stay home? Just for today?" I asked pouting. He looked at me amused.

"Noooo Leila, you can't." He said pulling me up off the bed so I could stand. "And pouty face won't work." He poked my nose.

Ugh why is he so damn pushy?

"Come on E. I really don't feel like going to school today. Its almost graduation and we KNOW I will be graduating. All we do in classes is learn about shut that don't matter at this point." I grumbled. I'm not a morning person, and Elvis knew he would have to put up with my bitching all morning.

"Extra learnin' will do you good." He smirked. I scoffed and jumped back into bed and hid under the covers.

"I'll drive you."

I poked my head out. "Really?"

"Yes! Now go get dressed and fix your damn hair." He laughed putting his shoes on.

I got out of bed and looked in the mirror. My brown hair was literally everywhere. I looked like the bride of Frankenstein.

"Not everyone can wake up with perfect hair like you Elvis!" I said grinning evilly walking towards him.

"What are you doing?" He asked scared.

I laughed as I messed up his hair and ran out of his room as fast as I could.

"Leila! You're gonna pay for this!" I heard him yell.

I laughed, I swear he was more worried about his hair than any girl I know.

I decided to wear a yellow blouse and white swing skirt today, I quickly brushed my teeth and my hair. I left my brown hair straight and tied on a white hair band. I wore my yellow heels to match my blouse and I looked in the mirror and thought I looked pretty decent.

I went downstairs to the kitchen to see Elvis stuffing his face with Bacon, starting off into space in his own little world. Vernon sat drinking his usual cup of coffee, reading the newspaper. Gladys was still cooking up a storm with a smile on her face, humming a tune. It was great to see her in a cheerful mood.

"Good morning." I smiled sitting down.

"Good morning." Everyone chimed.

"Here ya go sweetie." Gladys placed a plate full of eggs, bacon, and toast in front of me. I immediately dug in. She made the best breakfast food in the world.

"Thanks mama." I said between bites.

"So what did Elvis bribe you with to get ya to go to school?" Gladys asked raising her eyebrows as she sat down with her own plate of food.