Chapter Seven

*****
Elvis' POV
*****

I pulled up outside of Humes about a block away, across the street. I saw that the dance was over and kids began to walk out. I was relieved that I didn't have to go all the way in there to find Leila. I would've attracted some unwanted attention.

I just wanted to get to Leila, I longed for her. I wanted to hold her in my arms and never let go. I'm not even sure how long I've had feelings for her. It seemed like the day I came back from tour was when they hit me full force, out of the blue. I've looked at her differently since then, and I knew I could never go back. She was everywhere in my thoughts and all I could see is her.

I saw her walking out, looking beautiful, almost angelic. Her arm linked with that Johnny kid's, a smile danced across her face as she turned to look up at him. My jealousy raged, that should be me there with her instead of him!

"Awe shit." I muttered to myself when I remembered Maggie's after party. Leila and the rest of the group she was with filed into the limo and it took off driving. I couldn't follow it. Someone in the car might get suspicious and my car was a dead give away. I knew the way to Maggie's house because of the countless times I've dropped off, and picked up Leila there.

I turned the car around, and sped off through the back streets. I felt nervous to say the least. My hands were so clammy I could hardly grip the steering wheel. I rolled down the window and breathed in the fresh air in attempt to calm myself.

By the time I pulled up outside of Maggie's down the street, since the entire block was taken up by cars. I was more worked up than before, I still had no idea what to say to her. I wouldn't blame her if she was upset with me, I deserved to be ignored if she chose to.

The limo Leila was in, was already here. There were lots of people showing up to the party, and I could tell some of them were already shit faced drunk. God I hope Leila ain't drinking.

I should've thought all of this through before coming here. I sat in the goddamn car for an hour straight, coming up with nothing to say. I know I should just say what I feel, but it feels like no words can describe it.

I needed to get in there, anything could be going on. I swung the car door open in panic, that kid could be taking having his way with Leila right now, and I'm sitting here like a dumb ass doing nothing.

I began walking up to the house, almost turning around half way there. My heart hammered in my chest, I have to do this. I stood outside the door, taking a deep breath. This is it. I rang the doorbell. Actions speak better than words right?
*****
Lelia's POV
*****

Maggie's after party was a success. Nearly all of the seniors, and even some juniors showed up. Maggie was soaking up the moment of popularity, and no doubt she would be everyone's best friend on Monday morning. Johnny disappeared with some of his friends, leaving me alone to wonder around Maggie's house I'm boredom.

Maggie's family was sort of on the rich side since her father was a big time lawyer here in Memphis. He was once Elvis' lawyer when he got falsely accused of attacking someone about a year ago. Mr. Harrison and his wife, who was Maggie's step mother, went on vacation this weekend. Which was why this party was even possible. I strolled through the kitchen and dining room, bottles of alcohol opened and unopened covered the entire table. I just settled for a Pepsi, there was no way in hell I was drinking tonight. I didn't know anyone here very well, except for Maggie and she was already over the hill buzzed. I coughed my way into the living room, the smell of marijuana and cigarette smoke clouded throughout the room and I swear I was getting contact high.