Chapter Two

Night had fallen and the party was in full swing. Guests stood around talking, couples danced, everyone was in a cheerful mood. 'Rockin Robin' by Bobby Day was playing and there seemed to be more and more people showing up by the minute. Some people even stood outside because it was so crowded inside.

I stood beside Elvis near the staircase. He was drinking some brandy, even though he rarely drinks.

"Can I have some?" I asked, already knowing the answer. It didn't hurt to try right?

Elvis just laughed, "Hell no. It stunts your growth."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on E." I pleaded. "Remember that time you let me drink beer on my 16th birthday?" I reminded him with a smirk. He couldn't say no now.

"Alright fine, fine! But you ain't drinking this." He gave in. He walked to the kitchen and I followed right behind him.

We were the only ones in the kitchen as he poured me a glass of white wine.

"Don't let mama see you."

One hour and four glasses of wine later I was a little buzzed, but still functioning. Elvis disappeared and I hadn't seen him since he left me in the kitchen.

I was currently wondering around stopping to talk to people every now and then.

"Hi Leila."

I turned around to see Johnny Daniels, captain of the football team at my school. All the girls drooled over him, and I've gotta admit he is pretty cute. He's not really my type though.

"Hi." I smiled. "Johnny right?"

"Yeah... Wow... I- I can't believe you know my name." He stammered. "I was going to ask... well... uh... if you... if you wanted to go to the spring dance with me?"

It was quite a sight to see a guy so nervous to ask me out. A guy I thought was completely out of my league at that.

I opened my mouth to reply, but was cut of by Elvis' voice behind me.

"No, she doesn't." He said firmly. I turned to look at him in surprise. Did he really just answer for me?

"Excuse us." He said rudely, and took my arm and pulled me away.

"What the fuck E!? I can answer for myself!" I yelled yanking my arm from his grasp.

"You were gonna say no anyways." He smirked leaning against the wall, crossing his arms. He had a point, but he had no right answering for me.

"What if I was gonna say yes?" I challenged. His smirk faded away and he got his usual pissed off look.

"You know I would never let you go anywhere with that guy! He's bad news!"

"How would you know?"

"I went to school with his brother. He's the same old football playing, girl using, son of a bitch just like his brother." He glared at Johnny, who was across the room looking in our direction.

"What if he's not like that? Would it kill you to let me date anyone? You're not my father Elvis!"

"Well what if he is like that? I couldn't bear to see you get hurt. I promised your daddy I'd take care of you." He said as he caressed my cheek.

"He said take care of me, not keep me from the things I want." I pointed out pushing his hand away.

"You want Johnny?" He snickered.

"That's not the point. You never let me take chances. You never let me go out with anybody. You always find something wrong with every guy that wants to take me out."