Chapter Twelve

****Warning****
There is some X rated material in this chapter. If you don't like, don't read.
**********

I reached out for my diploma, and Mr. Dalton smiled down at me.

"Congratulations, Leila." He said and shook my hand.

I could hear the guy's whistles and cheers, Gladys and Grandma Dodger clapping as loud as they could. Elvis' voice sounded through the crowd. "That's my girl!" Heads turned to look at him, but he was trying to stay hidden behind a disguise of darkened sunglasses and a cowboy hat. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at his cover up costume.

After the entire ceremony was over, much to my relief, everyone gathered outside with their families and took photographs and exchanged congratulations.

Elvis and the rest of the guys had shown up just before my name was called. I had almost given up hope, but Red kept reassuring me that he'd show up.

I ran as fast as I could to Elvis, and jumped into his arms letting out a squeal as he lifted me into the air, spinning me round and round. Once he put me back on my feet I kissed him hard, earning "oooh's" and wolf whistles from the guys and Vernon.

I turned to embrace both Vernon and Gladys. "I love you both." I told them.

"We love you too, Leila." Gladys said. "More than you'll ever know." She had happy tears streaming down her face, and she dabbed at them with a handkerchief.

"Your folks are real proud. They watched the whole thing from up there." Vernon pointed to the sky. "They're always watching over you." I began to get teary and Red pulled me into a side embrace.

"Good job, kiddo." He said tauntingly and kissed my forehead. The rest of the guys followed.

By this time a lot of people realized Elvis was here since he took off his disguise, and they started to walk toward us. No, more like flock to us.

He gave as many autographs as he could out, and wrote congratulations as a side note for the people who graduated. I was in complete awe with Elvis. He never seemed to stop giving.

Pretty soon Elvis ordered the guys to pick me up and carry me to my 'surprise.' They lifted me up, carrying me like I was a queen of some sort, earning us looks from people passing by. Typical Elvis. Always going over the top. They carried me to the back off the school parking lot and let me down in front of a brand new car. Oh my god... It's a Chevrolet Impala! A bright yellow Chevrolet Impala! I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Surprise!" Elvis laughed and threw the key to me. It nearly slipped out of my fingers.

"Wait what?" I asked, my voice rising up a few octaves. He got me a car? I couldn't believe it! And yet he always refused to let me drive for years and years, now he's gotten me a car. He's so unpredictable!

"It's yours, baby." He said opening the driver's door for me. I sat down and ran my hand over the steering wheel, in sheer shock and adoration of my car.

"But Elvis," I looked to him. "I don't know how to drive."

He and the guys laughed at me, and I stuck my tongue out at them.

"You're gonna learn today." Elvis said.

"Daddy!" He called out to Vernon and he looked over. "I'm having food sent to the house at six. Tell everyone we know to come. Everyone. We're having a celebration tonight!"