Broken Melody; A Day In The Life Of A College Student

so now we're going BACKWARDS, before the wedding.

i would've had no clue how to write this if it weren't for the hours i spent watching Law and Order, haaa.

xoxo

sophie 

Broken Melody; A Day In The Life Of A College Student.

"Barney Fletcher, do you swear to speak the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God?"

"I swear."

Grey suit, dark hair and the smile of the devil. 

The devil was what was sitting there. The devil was looking directly at me.

And smiling.

"Mr. Fletcher, you have been charged with physical abuse and the smuggling and selling of illegal narchotics. Would you please tell us what happened that January night?" Finn was standing near him, a confident look on his face. He  looked his best in a black suit and blue tie. Barney leant a hand against the mahogany wood booth, still wearing a cheshire grin.

"There were many January nights," he said simply.

Finn almost rolled his eyes. "The January night we are here for, Mr. Fletcher."

"Why should I tell you?"

"Mr. Fletcher, please answer Mr. Blackadder's question," Judge Harpin growled, smacking his mallet down in exasperation. He was on edge today, as I was. The mallot made me jump up in my seat. I smoothed over my navy sapphire skirt and tried to calm myself.

"Okay, okay. Let me see," he ran his fingers over his chin, brooding, pondering. "Lillian came home late, I remember that, and we were very mad. She had been cutting class that day. When she got home, my wife and I-" Bettie was sitting across and at the back of the room, but I could still hear her whimper. "-started yelling, and then she started yelling, and then . . ."

"And then you punched her?" Finn suggested.

"Objection!" Mr. Honeyyeager shot up in his spot, rage outlining his features.

"Denied." Judge Harpin said. "Mr. Honeyyeager, you've already had your turn. Sit down."

"But, your Honor."

"Sit down."

He sat sullenly, grumbling words I couldn't quite hear. Finn blinked, and then continued.

"That wasn't the first time though, Mr. Fletcher, was it?" He walked over to my table and took a document that was there. Before he turned, he winked at me. I forced a watery smirk.

"It says here, that you slapped her when she was fourteen, and then again a few weeks later," he said, reading from the report, my report.

"No, I didn't."

"Must I remind you that you are under oath?"

Now Barney seemed to be struggling with himself. His eyebrows were twitching, his mouth was curving, his arms were shaking, his eyes were rolling. He was battling against himself, and loosing. He knew he couldn't lie, but if he told the truth he could certainly be seen guilty n the eyes of the jury. 

I stared him down, silently daring him to lie.

He licked his lips. "I did."

All Finn did was nod. "Yes. We know, because there is proof." He held up another piece of laminated paper, angling it towards the jury with a smug look in his cheek. "This "family" portrait was taken three days after his second assault, as you can see Miss Anderbeld's face is, well, bruised."