Broken Melody; A Day In The Life Of A Dork. Chapter 9

I wanna say a shoutout to Rory and Lottie, i dont kow if you guys are reading this, but thanks for making me smile every time i see a comment from you's in my inbox. <33333 *MAJORCYBERHUG!* 
- S x 

Chapter 9: What Comes Up, Must Come Down

"Lillian? Is that you?" Bettie called as I quietly shut the front door.

Damn! I forgot she had the ears of a cat! I should've come through the window!

"Uh, no?" I replied a little shakily.

Did they know I had just ditched a whole day of school? What was I going to tell them?

You know, you really should've thought of this before you got here. I told myself.

Gritting my teeth, I made my way to the kitchen, taking dolly steps, of course. My knees shook nervously, making it even harder to walk.

You know that feeling you get? The one that feels like your stomach has dropped outta your butt?

Yeah, that's what I was feeling.

Only ten times worst.

"I'm here." I muttered, trudging into the room. I was afraid to look up, and when I did, I regretted it.

Sitting on the kitchen stools were my two foster parents, holding each-others hand. They both looked worried.

And very, very angry.

I gulped, so that answered my question. I guess they did know.

"Here now." Barney, my foster father said, using emphasis on the word 'now'. "But where were you today?"

Uh oh, my stomach dropped deeper, down to the floor. I tried to look as innocent as possible, staring at him and acting confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked lightly, putting my bag down next to me.

Bettie sighed. "Don't deny it, Lillian, we got a call from your teacher. You weren't at any classes today, but everyone said they saw you this morning."

Okay, who didn't see me this morning? It still felt like their eyes were glued on me.

Oh, crap.

They knew.

What was I going to say?

"Uh, uh, yeah." I scratched the top of my head. "I kinda felt sick, so my friend took me back to her house."

They both looked at each other, and I could see they didn't believe me.

Crap.

"We don't buy it," Barney huffed.

Well, no duh. I wouldn't buy it either.

Think, Lily, think.

"No, seriously, you can ring and ask them." I rushed over to the phone and picked it up, starting to dial in random numbers.

"No, Lily, that's not necessary." Bettie stood up from her stool and came to stand by my side at the counter, but being the fat slob she is, it took her about ten seconds to get there.

"We aren't angry at you." She told me, but I couldn't take her word with Barney bubbling with rage back over on his stool. "We're just disappointed."