The First Step

I move the tall desk chair out of my way and I stand in front of my trail. Looking down at the dark liquid that fills my cup, I take a deep breath and hold the air in my lungs for a half second. As I exhale my anxiety, I slide my right foot back and settle into a back stance. I raise my hands in front of my body, and grab hold of the blood. Holding my stance with apprehension, my breath becomes more and more shallow. I take another slow breath to reestablish my conviction, but it remains shaky.

JUST DO IT!!

My hands jolt upward and the blood rises out of the cup, hovering just a few inches above it. I gasp, as if caught off guard, and release my hold. The blood splashes back into the cup, creating mini waves in its tiny ocean. The bloody waves leap upward, making some particles drip down the side of the cup and onto the towel.

A smile spreads across my face. "It's just like water." I say with relief in my voice.

See… It's not so bad… Keep going…

I settle back into my stance, and I lift the blood. I bring it closer, observing its movement. I manipulate it by moving it from side to side and around my body. It's thick like a cake batter. "I just have to get used to it." I start to relax as I play with it. I feel like when I was a child and I first started water bending. It's fun! I play with it for hours. I can do just about as much with it as I can with water.

After a while the blood stiffens as it coagulates. I put the blood back into the cup then remove it from the towel. I fold up the towel and slide the knife inside one of the folds. I take everything downstairs to the kitchen. I pour the blood into the sink, rinse out the cup and wash off any residue left in the sink. After putting the cup and the knife into the sink for a more thorough cleaning, I toss the towel into the hamper in the bathroom. 

While I'm in here, I might as well clean my cut. I loosen the bandage and look at the wound on the palm of my hand. I used a sharp knife so it's a clean cut. I rinse off the cut with soap and water. I grab some new gauze from the first aid kit and redress my hand before ending my worthwhile night. However, I don't want to sleep yet. I'm not even tired so let's celebrate instead! And I know just what to do.

I go into the living room and tune my radio to a station with music to fit my bouncy mood. When I find the right song, I smile as I feel the beat of the jazz orchestra. I step in time with the music as I make my way to the kitchen. I fill a kettle with water and set it on the stove. I grab my box of matches from the cabinet, turn on the gas, and strike a match in time with the crash of a cymbal. I place the match box back into the cabinet then reach into the back to grab a box of multicolored mochi and a box of jasmine tea. I ordered the tea from a popular tea shop in Ba Sing Se. It was expensive and took forever to get here, but it's worth it. I add the tea to the kettle and add the mochi to a small plate.

While I wait for the tea to brew, I open the balcony door for some fresh air. For a moment, I'm overtaken by a sense of joy and pride. I run up to my railing and inhale deeply. "Wooooooohoooooooo!" I howl into the noise of the city.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" A man screams as he leans out his window from a building across the street.

"FUCK YOU, I HAD A GOOD TIME TONIGHT!" I yell back.

"OO LA LA, MUST BE NICE! NOW SHUT UP!" The loud man slams his window closed.

I giggle as I head back into my kitchen and pour myself some tea. With my tea and mochi in hand, I glide into the living room area and set my food on the coffee table. Right as I'm about to sit down, a resonating chime enters my ears from outside. It's a familiar chime, one that emanates from Avatar Island. It's midnight already. Midnight…I gasp. "It's midnight!" I rush outside and peer between the buildings. I see the giant illuminated clock and statue of Avatar Aang. "It's about to happen." I say under my breath as the wind blows across my face, displacing my hair. "You had better beat him." I brush my hair out of my face with my fingers and tuck it behind my ear. My cheery mood has turned somber. If Korra beats Amon, it'll be over… hopefully.

I stand on the balcony a moment longer, dwelling on 'what-if's. I head back inside and pick up a fashion magazine. I take the first sip of my tea and it's delightful. As I try to wind down, my mind keeps floating back to Korra. About the fight she's having right now and her… relationship with Bolin. I want to root for her but I have mixed feelings about her. "UGH! This is irritating." I say as I toss the magazine back on the table and take a bite of a mochi. 

I hardly know her yet I'm judging her like I do. Maybe I should just talk to her. Give her a chance as a… person, I guess. But I don't want her to have Bolin. That won't change. I'll talk to her and tell her to stay away from him. He is mine. Then I have to tell him that and hope he likes me back. That's not hard… right?

A/N: Hey everyone. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a bit. Not going to overshare, so I'll  just say I appreciate everyone who reads this story. I hope I can keep you entertained, at least until my story comes to an end. Thank you for your patience and have a better day.