And Along Came the Avatar

Bolin and I walk down the hall towards the player box in the arena. Walking side by side, I'm smiling inside and… well to be perfectly honest, I hope it never changes. "It" being our friendship and how it's just that, friendship. If it were to change- if I were to change it, by telling him how I feel, how would he react? What if he hates the idea? Would it make him so uncomfortable and make being around each other so awkward we drift apart or he just flat out stops talking to me? I can't risk that. I love being around him, hearing just talk and be… himself. It's one of the few things in the world, in my world of mobsters, turf wars and crime, that is always… amazing and perfect. At the moment, being his friend is enough to make me happy.

We walk past the gym, but stop to see a girl being scolded and almost shouted at by Toza. I wonder what she did to make hi- oh spirits, it's the Avatar. I can't believe it. I can't move, I'm too shocked. I can't describe how shocked I am but OH MY GOSH. Bolin was already going to rescue her, telling Toza she's lost and is a friend of ours. Toza clearly can smell the hippo-bull shit, but just doesn't care. Bolin brings her over to me. Does he not realize he's standing next to the FUCKING AVATAR???!!!!

"Thanks again for the help." Korra says.

"No problem. By the way my name is Bolin." He says… to the Avatar. 

"Nice to meet you." Korra smiles.

"And this-" gesturing to me, NOT the Avatar, "is (Y/N)."

"Hi." I say slightly wide-eyed and very much in awe.

"Hey, I'm Korra." Ya, I know. THE FUCKIN- ya know what? It's played out… No, it's not actually. SHE'S KORRA, THE AVATAR FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

"Come on, we'll take you to the best seats in the house." Bolin says. Should I tell him? I really should tell him. She didn't introduce herself as the Avatar, though. If she wanted us to know, she would have told us. Maybe she's laying low and doesn't want to be recognized? I can respect that, I suppose. I don't know how long I can keep it a secret though. We all walk to the player box and Korra looks out into the arena.

Still mildly in shock, I walk up next to her,  trying to be cool. "Best seats or what?"

"It's amazing. Thanks." Korra says, looking out into the crowded and noisy arena.

"You're welcome." I say, clearing the nervousness from my throat. I hear the door behind us open. We all turn and see Mako and Hasook walk into the box. "Hey, Mako."

"Hey, (Y/N)." Mako waves. I walk up and give him a quick hug. "Long time, no see." He says.

"You know how busy the family keeps me." I say.

"Ya, sure. Couldn't get one afternoon off?" Mako asks jokingly. But he stops joking when he sees Korra and Bolin talking. "Bolin." He gestures him over. "I thought I said no fangirls." He says quietly.

"Oh come on, Mako. We said she could stay." Bolin  pleads.

Mako looks at me. "Don't look at me, I did nothing." I say putting my hands up.

"Exactly." Mako says, slightly annoyed.

Bolin turns to Korra. "Korra, come here." Korra walks over after peeling herself away from her view. "I want you to meet my brother, Mako."

"Wow. I've heard you play on the radio." Korra stretches out her hand for a hand shake. "It's nice to meet you."

Mako grabs his helmet and walks past her. "Come on Bolin. We're up." He says as he finishes buckling his helmet.

"Or we can talk later." Korra says disappointed. 

"Sorry, he gets super focused before a match." Bolin explains. I would call that being cold but whatever. "Anyway, wish us luck, not that we need it." Bolin puts on his helmet and steps onto the platform that extends to the ring.