𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12

A pin drop silence could be heard after the news was broken to all the family members. It was like no one wanted to say anything.

The elders of the haveli were quiet seeing the expressions of the younger generation as they were terribly shushed.

Aashir had an emotionless face but his heart was beating so fast in his chest that he felt it might explode anytime. He wanted to jump like a 3 year old who got his favourite candy after convincing a hell lot to his parents but he sat there mute.

Hazaan wasn't able to wrap her head at her tayabbu's words. She thought they all are pranking her and will now burst into laughter any moment now but no she couldn't hear anything. It was a deadly silence in the dining room. Her eyes were on her plate, she thought of looking up but avoided it as Aashir was just beside her.

'Hazaan you're going to get married to the hitler.' Her mind said in a low voice.

'I feel satisfied and ecstatic.' her heart twirled in happiness.

' Aur bina muh dekhe ya naam jaane baigair shaadi ke liye haan karo' her conscience mocked her.

(Without seeing the groom's face and without knowing his name, agree for the marriage.)

Murad sat there as a statue with his straight posture and the spoon which he was holding of his cereal was still in air. He thought he heard wrong as there was no way Aashir would marry Hazaan because Aashir won't marry her because she wasn't his type and first of all he didn't have a single unit of feeling for Hazaan.

Gosh!! He was so wrong...

"Mamujaan iska matlab yeh hai na ki Aashir bhaijaan aur Hazaan ka nikah hai. Yeh toh ho nahi sakta ki Hazaan iss ghar ki badi bahu bane Kyunke woh itni kabil nahi hai." Dua wandered her eyes around the dining room to look at everyone faces who all had rage written on it.

(Uncle it means that Aashir bhaijaan and Hazaan's marriage is there tomorrow? Hazaan will be the eldest Daughter-in-law of the haveli this is not possible because she is not capable of it.)

Aashir's palm curled into a tight fist and his jaw clenched after hearing those filthy words from Dua. He looked beside him to see Hazaan if she was okay or not.

The scene infront of him made him see all red. Hazaan's eyes were filled with tears, her hand was clutching her dupatta very tightly, her lips were quivering as her chin kept wobbling, to stop those tears which slipped from her hazel eyes after controlling it so much.

That was it for Aashir!

Aashir banged his fist on the dining table so harshly that the whole crockery on the table shook and all the family members specially Hazaan jumped in their places clearly knowing he's temper has taken a toll over him.

"Repeat those words then see what I'll do it." Aashir's calmed yet loud voice boomed in the silent dining room making Dua shudder in fear.

Bahara had it enough of Aashir's dominating nature as he always kept his voice high on any of the family member besides his parents and uncle-aunties.

"Bhaijaan yeh dekhein Aashir kaisi baat kar raha hai Dua se. Dua ab is ghar ki bahu hai Murad ki biwi. Aashir ko kahein ki meri bacchi se aise na baat karein." Bahara complained to Sharif.

(Bhaijaan see the way how Aashir is talking to Dua. Dua is daughter-in-law of this haveli, also Murad's wife. Tell to Aashir this is not the way to speak to Dua.)

Aashir was listening Bahara's bullshit which was only infuriating him more. The vein above his eyebrow kept throbbing and he felt like his mind would explode.