A Butler's Choice 2

After confirming the test site, I returned to my lady.

"Thank you for waiting. My lady, you and I seem to have our exam in the classroom at the back of the first floor."

"I see, thanks. By the way, Cyril, that girl you were paying attention to earlier..."

She was looking into my eyes.

Looking back, she seems to have been worrying about something for a while now. Although she was still carrying herself with grace, she wasn't moving like she usually did.

"Please rest assured, it was just a maid that bumped into me."

"No, that's not..."

She was making an expression that said she still had something to say.

Apparently, she still seemed to be uneasy about something. Noticing that, I immediately knelt down, looked up towards her and gently grabbed her hand.

"It's okay. No matter what happens, I'll be there to protect you, my lady."

"Is that true? Will you really stay with me forever?"

"Of course, I will always be there for you. The promise I made to you back during our childhood is something I will never forget."

"...thanks, Cyril."

Her cheeks flushed slightly, and all of the anxiety from her facial expression seemed to disappear. Luckily, it looks like I was able to appease her worries this time. 

"Now then, I'll be your guide, so let's go to the classroom."

"Okay, I'll leave it to you."

I then led my lady to the exam site.

First, the student applicants will take the written test in the classrooms, after which, there were practical exams that covered etiquette, dance, singing and playing instruments that we'd be divided into groups for.

Even though I had enrolled as a student in the servant course, I had taken the written test in the same classroom as my lady, this was all due to the master's influence– not, it was probably just because I sent my application in at the same time as her.

One's status didn't matter here. Since the school had a policy that all students were to be treated equally regardless of their origins, both the nobility and the commoners took their exams together. 

However, the two social castes would be separated into different courses right after enrollment, so it didn't really make much sense.

At the beginning of the game, there are introductory descriptions of the heroines capture targets that she just barely missed at the examination venue, and among them were even commoners. With that in mind, the rule was probably just part of the setting to make scenarios in the original work more convenient.