The Student Council's Touchstone 5

"Thank you for your attention, please continue to enjoy the party."

I somehow managed to hold my composure while being bathed in their applause. As I took my lady's violin for maintenance, Alicia had rushed over, saying, "Cyril, that was amazing!"

Standing at my side, Lady Sophia started to scowl. Feeling a fight coming on, I couldn't help but be wary of my lady falling into darkness, but the heroine then turned a beaming smile towards her.

"You were great too, Lady Sophia. The scene of you two performing a duet together was so beautiful I wish I could have it painted."

"I-is that so?"

"Yes, especially when the song changed around the middle. The melody coming from Cyril back then felt like it was gently wrapping around the main melody you played. Seeing you perform together in such harmony was really, really nice."

"I'm glad that you see it that way."

...you're too easy, my lady.

That thought came to mind, but I quickly waved it away. I felt exactly the same. Performing together with Lady Sophia in a way that we could share our feelings was truly fun.

If I weren't paying attention, I'd likely react in a similar fashion.

"Lady Sophia, let's play a song together!"

"Together?"

"–yes! I might not be on Cyril's level, but I want to try performing with you. I thought as much after seeing your duet from before... is that okay?"

Innocently– as in, without a shred of malice or ill-intent, Alicia asked Lady Sophia if they could play a duet, all while her eyes shined like the night sky. 

Having grown accustomed to being approached as the daughter of a Marquis, my lady wasn't used to this kind of pure request. She seemed troubled, but also a bit happy.

Seeing Lady Sophia's expression, how she intended to respond was obvious.

Holding out the violin that I had taken from her, my lady received it with a slightly embarrassed– but also somewhat flattered face.

"I'd be happy to oblige, but I don't recall you having a violin. What do you plan to do?"

"Oh yeah..."

Alicia turned to Melissa for help, but the maid shook her head with a troubled expression.

"If it's okay with you, would you like to use Cyril's violin?"

"Oh, is that okay?"

When the conversation was suddenly turned to me, I replied, "Of course," and offered Alicia my instrument.