School Faction Riot Part Two 1

It was expected for the commoner faction to come into contact with us during the new student welcome party, and it was also within expectations for the second prince– who was completely taken by Lady Sophia, to ask her for a dance.

But what I never could've predicted was the event where the heroine that was supposed to enroll three years from now to suddenly appear before me.

In this situation where Lady Sophia wanted to dance with me; Libert suddenly asked her for a dance, after which Alicia went ahead and asked me for a dance, and following that the second prince asked my lady for a dance as well.

It was impossible for me anticipate this.

Even so, I was Lady Sophia's exclusive butler. Within this scene of carnage, I needed to prioritise minimising the damage to her.

...if giving her priority in a situation like this was even possible, the very concept was laughable.

No, now wasn't the time to fall into escapism. Lady Sophia was currently trapped in a difficult position while I was doing nothing but ponder.

What was most important here was her protection. For that goal, avoiding the factional conflict should be my top priority.

The problem here was the second prince.

As a mere butler, I couldn't dispute the invitation to dance he gave her. If I overstepped my position and crossed a line that I shouldn't, I might end up casting doubt on my lady's character.

My lady turned towards me, but I couldn't do anything. Instead, I put my hand over my chest and looked straight into her shaking amethyst eyes.

I haven't just been protecting her this entire time. I raised my lady up so she could cope with any situation she may come across. If it was her, then she'd definitely be able to get through this dilemma.

'It'll be okay, I'm here for you.' I repeated these thoughts in my mind over and over again.

–soon after, Lady Sophia nodded her head. Then after straightening her back, and fixing her expression to one suitable for a daughter of a Marquis, my lady turned to the second prince with a stunning smile.

"Lord Alforth, I'm honoured by your invitation, but I'm currently in the middle of a conversation. You can ask me again later, so for now can you please relent?"

Those who were waiting in anticipation for my lady's answer gasped.

But that was the only suitable response to give in this situation. If I were in her position, I would've reacted the same way.

Although there was a certain degree of respect required for dealing with higher-ranked nobility, the second prince's actions have been lacking in tact for a while now. On top of that, the school did have a policy of equality regardless of status.