Responsibilities of a Noble 1

"What you're saying is laughable."

Just like the symbol of the Rosenberg house, it was a beautiful but thorny voice akin to a rose. Having been pierced by her crimson glare, the followers inadvertently swallowed their saliva.

"For a while now, you've been the ones that have been interrupting the conversations of his highness and myself, your superiors. So for you to blather on to Cyril like it was common sense... what a joke."

"N-no, that's–"

"In the first place, that butler–"

The followers tried to refute her, but my lady's gaze only grew a degree colder in response.

"Shut up. Did Cyril not only do so because he was prepared to accept the reprimands for his actions?"

'Your lack of tact puts you as his inferior.' My lady's biting sarcasm was definitely transmitted to them. Their faces started twitching at her answer.

"So it's considered rude for low-ranking people to interfere with the conversations of those above them? I agree. You aren't even worthy of speaking to my butler– so leave already, you insolent swines."

"U-urgh... damn it!"

"Y-you-! What's with that self-important attitude?! All you needed to do was shut up and listen!"

Having lost their temper, the two forgot about me in their anger and drew in closer to my lady.

I don't think they were going to harm her. At the very least, they shouldn't have lost themselves to that degree. However– I didn't care.

At the same time they closed in, I broke in front of my lady.

"Out of my way!"

One of the followers– Jircliffe tried to punch me, so I grabbed his arm and threw him away like the trash he was. Then, I turned to deal with the approaching Surge– but he was already sprawled across the ground.

I directed my line of sight towards the beautiful culprit.

"...my lady, that's supposed to be my job."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

She definitely wasn't, and with an innocent smile, my lady then turned to the second prince.

"Your highness, may I borrow your attendants for a moment?"

"...eh? Ah, sure."

"Thank you. Now then– you there, these people raised their hands against the daughter of a Marquis, take them."

"–yes!"