The Student Council's Touchstone 3

My current duty was to improve His Highness Alforth's position, so I went about this by spreading rumours saying that he wasn't an elitist himself, but someone that was manipulated by them.

This would clear up the general misunderstanding the public had of him, while emphasizing that he was just another victim. While this would enforce the idea that he was an unreliable prince, it was at least better than being seen as a cruel person willing to cut off his friends.

Once the rumours spread, we could move on to the next stage of the plan, but it would take some time. So while we waited for the gossip to take hold, I began implementing another project I've been meaning to enact for some time now.

"Today's lesson is about how to hold yourself with grace. Straighten your back, and try to keep the nerves at the ends of your fingertips taut as you move your limbs."

"Umm... like this?"

"Yes, exactly like that. You should more or less be just at the boundary between stillness and movement– in other words, move your limbs as if you were carrying heavy luggage with them."

"Oh, okay."

I had reserved one of the school's private training rooms and was currently giving lessons on proper bearing. However, the person I was instructing wasn't my lady, but His Highness Alforth.

Even if it was only on the surface, I wanted him to be able to present himself appropriately for his position as a royal.

This would help improve his status among the nobility, and with how my lady held those who put in effort highly, the goal of improving her image of him truly motivated the prince to strive for greater heights.

In truth, this wasn't necessary if I just wanted to pass Fol's test.

However, it was necessary to fix the prince's demeanour. No matter how raised the public's opinion of him, it wouldn't matter if he just messed up again afterwards.

Not to mention, if His Highness Alforth remained unreliable, he would undoubtedly bring more struggles to Lady Sophia when they had to work together in the future. To prevent such a thing from occurring, I was currently training him.

So while we waited for the rumours to spread, I continued my lessons with the prince.

"Un, deux, trois, un, deux, trois. Walk elegantly and beautifully without changing the height of your waist or shaking your head. Yes, that's it. Exactly like that, Your Highness.

"Thanks, Cyril."

His Highness worked hard and followed my instructions obediently.

He reacted quite similarly to Lady Sophia, and while he wasn't as young as she was when we had this lesson, children of his age still learned things fairly quickly. 

"It's time for a break, Your Highness."

"Really? I can still keep going, you know?"