Old Friends Never Come Back.

he looked into the mirror, bags under his somewhat glowing eyes. He exhaled before putting up the best smile he could....

...

It was... okay. How does anyone fall for this?.......... was his head always bleeding? Wiat what's happening... there's so much blood, it's pooling up in his hands. What's going on! Everything feels fuzzy. Is he dieing? What happen- 

He blinked and suddenly everything was gone. Only him and his tear stained face. 

~~~~~~~

Kel slightly opened the door. Out of all the places he expected Aubrey to be, he did not expect the church. The church was silent, Kel was sure they were doing some sort of sermon. Aubrey was sitting on the side not doing much, Kel was about to close the door so he could Wiat for Aubrey but Mari just waltzed right in. 

"Wow, Mari I didn't think you would just walk in like that." Kel whispered.

Mari and Kel sat behind Aubrey and wilted for a few seconds before Kel taped her on the back. 

"Aubrey. Psst, Aubrey" 

"What the- Kel! What are you guys doing here!" 

"We need back basils photo album" Kel demanded. 

"Your still on about that, it none of you bisnuess." Aubrey rolled her eyes 

"Really? None of my business? We all used to be best friends and now it none of my business?" 

"Yeah... Kel, we used  to be friends." Aubrey highlighted the word used. Kel seemed to flinch

"You know... Sunny would be really sad to hear that ..." Kel muttered under his breath. 

"Heh, you really want to bring Sunny into this." Aubrey rolled her eyes "Who cares what he thinks, Sunnys dead." 

Both Kel and Mari flinched. 

"Aubrey, seriously! What's wrong with you?" Kel whispered shouted. "I know you have new friends now but you can't just forget you old friends like that..." 

"My old friends?" Aubrey asked. "My old friends weren't there for me when I needed them." 

"So this is what this is all about..." Kel realized "when Sunny..... passed on.... we were all going through our own stuff, we were kids. It was hard!" 

"You think it's all so simple...you always so simple Kel...." 

"So what if I am. I rather be simple than be like you! How could you do that to basil, you know how much that photo album means to him."

The velvet curtains draped over the window shone on Aubreys face. A place suppose to be calm was being slowly contaminated by the two teens, he just blamed out word with now meaning. Aubrey felt something build up inside her but she ignored it. 

"It was impornat to all of us." She spat 

"That doesn't mean you can steal it!" He shot back.

"Is that what he told you! I'm the one keeping it safe." 

"I'm not leaveing until you give it back!" 

"Your so persistint, Why weren't you like that when sunny died? ...You know why I come here every week, even after all this time I'm just trying to find some peace. But that doesn't look like that's happening today." Aubrey turned her head back. "We haven't talked in two years Kel, a lot things changed in those two years." 

Aubrey felt anger bubbling inside her. 

"You think you can just barge into my life agian and tell me what to do? Don't be so niave!"