Part 9

"Should we go upstairs or stay on the first floor?" Mark questioned, looking over at his ego who was on the other side of the room.

"Stay on this floor for the time being. There is this hatch that's leading down into a tunnel, though. Who knows, maybe Jack and his egos went down there," Silver hummed, crouching down and peering into the hole, Mark walking over and pointing his flashlight down. "I mean, we might as well keep looking for them while we're here. That's why we're in this mess anyway."

"Doesn't seem too far down," Mark spoke, his eyebrows furrowed as he caught Silver nodding out of the corner of his eye. "Should we go down?"

"We should explore the rest of the house before going down," Silver said as he stood back up, cracking his knuckles out of anxiousness. "You first."

"Wait, what if the door closes after one of us enter the room," Mark said hesitantly, standing right in front of the door to the next room. "Like in the horror movies."

"You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen," Silver replied, both him and Mark walking through the doorway at the same time, both squeezing past almost effortlessly.

The next room they were in was almost exactly like the last, except this one had a dirty couch sitting in the far corner with a shelf that was hanging off of the wall on the opposite side. The floor was dusty and had multiple holes in it, just like the last room.

Bugs were crawling around the floor in small groups, all scurrying out of the way when Mark stepped forwards once more.

Mark walked over to the boarded-up window, knocking on it with his knuckle, the sound echoing through the room, "I don't think we're gonna be able to break these, so we might as well scratch that out of the ways we could possibly escape this place."

Silver only hummed, scanning the almost bear room, the male taking a double-take as he skimmed past the couch, his eyebrows furrowing as he saw something peeking out from behind the furniture.

The hero stepped forwards almost cautiously, tilting his head as he neared it, crouching down and reaching his hand behind the couch, grabbing the thing he saw and pulling it out.

The hero sucking in a deep breath as his eyes widened, his hands now holding a grey hat he knew all too well.

"What's that?" Mark questioned quietly, walking towards his ego quickly before he stopped in his tracks. "Is that Chace's hat?"

"Yep," Silver whispered, clearing his throat as he set the hat down, the red splatters on the cap seeming to be dried, almost a brown colour now as if it's been there for ages, which it most likely had been. "Go to the next room."

"Where do you think Dark and Wil are?" Mark asked after a few minutes of silence as they looked around the next room.

"Probably dead," Silver said quietly, yet firmly, as he watched Mark venture around the room. "I mean, we did split up. That's not something we should have done in this situation."

"I get that, but it was weird that Dark was the one to tell us to run away," Mark began, scanning the shelves that were on the walls. "He's usually the one to handle the situation calmly."

Silver hummed, catching something from the corner of his eye, almost like someone was walking around in the other room, making the hero jump as he stared.

"Mark, I saw something move in that room," Silver informed as he began walking towards the door, his creator turning around to face his ego.

"Silver don't go into that room!" Mark yelled as he watched the other male reach the other room, the hero turning to face him and shrug.