Part 10

Wilford whistled as he skipped through the pathway under the house after he had jumped down into the hole in the front room, his footsteps echoing throughout the hall type place he walked through.

He swung his gun around in his left hand while the other ran across the dirt walls, his fingertips collecting filth as it ran along.

He had been walking for no longer than five minutes, the path he was walking down starting to narrow, the roof slanting down so now Wil had to crawl down the path.

As he crawled, water started pooling around him, but it wasn't enough to encase him in the liquid. The male's clothes got wet as he continued crawling, his shirt covered in dirt.

He grunted, squeezing through the last part of the narrowed tunnel and standing up, brushing off his trousers before he snapped his suspenders, surveying the new area he had found with a wiggle of his moustache.

His footsteps echoed as he stepped on the concrete floor of what seemed to be a basement. Large shelves were pushed against most of the walls with different items set on top of them.

Green mouldy spots appeared on the cement walls, the light above him flickering and not giving the pink-haired male any sort of proper lighting as he squinted while looking around.

A few bottles and viles of different substances lay on the ground, glass scattered along the floor along with most of the liquids.

Wilford pursed his lips as he held his gun firmly, stepping around almost cautiously as he peeked his head around a corner in the basement.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary as the male kept walking around the rather large space, his vision being blocked by some of the shelves that were placed in weird spaces, like in the middle of the room.

Wil tutted as he spun in a circle pouting slightly, his eyebrows furrowed in disappointment, "I came down here to find something exciting, not to be misled like this."

The man continued walking around, not wanting to go back the way he came as he was sure there wasn't a ladder back up to the front room.

A bottle smashing sounded from behind the ego, making him spin around on his heels in surprise, his eyebrows raised as well as his gun, the click of the weapon signifying that Wil was ready to shoot.

"Who's down there?" Wilford spoke loudly, his voice echoing off the walls, the ego peeking around the corner to spot another broken bottle laying on the ground that wasn't there before.

Wil walked towards it and crouched down, poking at it with his free hand, watching as the shards of glass flung as he flicked it with his finger.

The ego stood back up again, his eyes widened as he felt, and heard, heavy breathing down his neck, the pink-haired male gulping as he thought of what to do.

Without hesitation, Wil clenched his fist around his gun, spinning around and shooting, the sound of the gun firing being ear piercing, but it didn't do anything.

Wil's body suddenly filled with pains, his whole body giving out as he fell to the floor, his gun clattering as it hit the ground beside him, his neck spurting out blood.

His body ached as he couldn't move, the man choking on his own blood as it pooled in his throat and all around him.

Wilford's eyes began to close, blackness engulfing his vision while his hand fell to the ground beside him, his chest rising and falling for the last time.

~

~

~

Dark and Silver stood in silence after the hero had asked where Wil had gone, but Dark didn't have a clue, the latter licking his lips as he pursed them.