Epilogue

Amy sped down the road at full speed, her hair flowing around her with the wind entering her car from the open window, the male sitting in her passenger seat hanging on for dear life as he stared at the road in front of them in fear.

Amy's eyes pricked with tears as she spotted the large mansion in the distance, the male beside her letting out a surprised noise at what he saw.

"Amy, I thought we were going to the forest Mark was last seen in. . ," The boy spoke, his sad eyes casting themselves onto the brown-haired girl beside him.

"The police will handle that, Ethan, right now I need to check something," Amy said, taking a deep breath as she turned into the mansions large garden, parking her car and getting out, Ethan following close behind, spotting another car not too far away, two others stepping out of it.

"Bob and Wade?" Ethan whispered, watching as the two strode towards him and Amy, both having tears in their eyes along with confused looks on their faces. "What're you doing all the way over here?"

"We couldn't just stay at home after Amy called us and told us about what Dark had said to her," Wade spoke, clearing his throat after, trying to get rid of the tears that gathered in his eyes.

"But why are we here at the ego mansion?" Ethan asked quietly, glancing at the other three confusedly.

"Seeing as Mark only brought around six of his egos, the rest should be in the house," Bob spoke first, following Amy who started walking towards the house. "And if they've all suddenly disappeared, that means Mark's gone too."

"Gone as in. . ., dead. .?" Ethan asked hesitantly, his tears now freely falling down his face, the male trying to take a few deep breaths to calm himself down.

"Yea," Amy replied, the three men being able to hear the hurt and heartbreak in the girl's voice. "That's how Ego's work. Their creator dies, they start disappearing.. ."

The rest grew silent as Amy knocked on the door three times, nothing coming from inside, not even a small shuffle of movement.

The girl knocked once again, waiting for a few moments until no one answered the door, Amy pulling out a set of keys and unlocking the front door, swinging it open.

Not a single sound came from inside the building, the eery quietness being abnormal in the household.

The four's steps echoed through the hall they entered, the boys following Amy as she led the way to the living room, where the egos would usually be.

Amy stopped in her tracks as soon as he set eyes on the room, the girl gasping silently.

The couches that were in the room had nothing but a few pairs of clothes sitting on them, where the other egos used to be.

"So they have disappeared. . ," Wade said quietly, Amy letting out a sob as her knees buckled from under her, falling to the ground as tears fell down her face freely.

Ethan, without hesitation, kneeled beside the girl, rubbing her shoulder to try and console her, even though he knew it wouldn't work.

She had just lost her boyfriend, she didn't get to say goodbye or anything.

Bob and Wade stood there, not knowing what to do as they listened to Amy's crying and Ethan's attempts to get her to calm down, the men also beginning to cry with the other two.

Their best friend had died, they weren't told this by anyone, but they knew.

He was gone and everyone slowly began to break down.

No one had gotten to say goodbye to him, which was one of the things that hurt the most.

- - - - - - -

693 Words

Hey yall, the final chapter is actually done now.

I hope everyone enjoyed this short story despite it taking ages to finish (and ik the epilogue is quite short)

Have a lovely day/night/afternoon!

You ask questions or whatever and I'll answer (doesn't have to be about the story or anything)