A Wife

Who is Rachel Garner?

After a heated argument, Rachel was determined to put some type of distance between herself and her husband. She yearned for a break from her everyday life. However, it was Davis who begged her to stay while constantly apologizing for his jealous behavior. The very next day, he surprised her with tickets to Jamacia. It's been decades since she's been face to face with her father's side of the family. Who would pass that up?

The moment her feet touched the ground, Davis noticed her eyes watered slightly. But her features showed anything but sadness. She looked relieved. Upon checking in, they visited the local graveyard. Rachel was surprised when the keeper took her to her father's grave, considering her mother told her Tremaine's body was cremated. She had an urge to check for herself.

Tremaine Leeandry Jaeger

'A Loving Father, Son, Brother, and Friend'

"Dad, I'm home. I'm sorry I am late... I want you to meet my husband. This is Davis."

Rachel took a seat on the freshly cut green grass. She spent hours talking to Davis about her past memories with her father. There were no bad memories of the man and she had loved him dearly. The only thing she regretted was him not taking her from Rochelle-her mother.

Now he's an angel watching over her.

Davis watched as her face lit up, reminiscing about the good old days. The sadness in her eyes was still there but it was less noticeable when she talked of her late father. They stayed for another hour before Rachel decided she wanted to visit her granny.

She was finally home. Safe.

"We can stay the entire summer if you want to. There's no need to rush this visit." Davis reminded her before they slipped into her granny's unlocked house.

Rachel smiled. A smile that he wanted to see every day of his life. 

"Take off your shoes," Rachel whispered to Davis.

After taking off her shoes, Rachel walked the house until she saw her granny in the kitchen, preparing the dough. Her back was turned towards the door, so Rachel's presence was unknown. Rachel stood at the entrance, staring at her granny prepare lunch while singing the lyrics to her favorite gospel music. Gramps must have been at work, he would never leave the door unlocked. He would always fuss at his wife for being so reckless.

Rachel didn't know how much she truly missed her granny until she was in arm's length of her. She missed her hugs. Her love and affection. She missed the fact that her granny could never stay mad at her grandchildren for too long.

Rachel missed so many events with her family. The stories. Birthdays. Family gatherings. Not to mention granny's cooking.

"Granny." Rachel finally whispered.

Granny was startled at first, eying the intruder with suspicion. But once she realized who the person was, she walked to Rachel and gave her a breathtaking hug. The two cried into each other's arms.

"Goodness gracious. My God is good, you hear me! My baby is home! She's finally home!" Granny cooed. "Are you here with your mother?" She asked pulling away.

"Nope. It's just me." The last thing she needed was for Rochelle to come into her home, just to force Rachel to go back to the U.S.

"Good. She wicked, mon." Granny said. "I had to cleanse my home of bad spirits after she left here."

Rachel laughed, reaching for Davis's hand to pull him closer to her.

"Granny, this is Davis."

"Who is this man here? Boyfriend?" Granny eyed Davis up and down, sizing him up.