Part 11

It's been a few days since Rachel has heard from Hunter. The last time she had from him was when he took her out on a date. After she got off work on Monday, he had taken her to Dave n Buster. Surprisingly she had never been and could not contain her excitement when they entered the building. Hunter watched her bounce up and down like a kid who just entered Chuck e cheese for the first time. 

Afterward, he took her on A romantic date under the stars a few miles from the city. Hunter found a historical park and laid out a picnic blanket for them to sit on. That night was nothing dealing with drowning in intense pleasure.  It was more of getting to know her on a more passionate level. Letting her know that he was more than a man that just wanted to get in her jeans for the night. They spent that night just talking and goofing around until they were the only two people around. The next day he had sent a text saying he was going away on business for the next two weeks.

Work wasn't any better! Elijah Henderson had it out for Rachel and she did not know why. The man had the audacity to embarrass her in front of the other co-workers. He had made it seem like she was unfit for the fashion industry and belonged to something that fit her personality. A Human Resource Manager for a retail company. Saying that she was just someone that overlooks the business, someone that pretends to know the in and out of the company but nothing that actually makes the company strive. Rachel couldn't let him know that his words had hurt her. Instead, she swallowed the lump in her throat and continued with her work as if Elijah didn't insult the career she was pursuing. She spent her lunch break in her office crying over the material she had picked out for a future show. She was too embarrassed to show her face in the lunchroom.

Being his personal assistant wasn't any better. She was forced to leave her concerns and doubt at the door. The man had her rip and running New York non-stop for errands. She was just blessed that it was Friday night and she didn't have to deal with him until Monday morning. Earlier that evening had been hell. From him yelling at other assistants to him treating her like gum that was stuck on the bottom of his shoes. His very expensive shoes.

Rachel took her popeyes take-out and junk food and headed to her room. She would be alone for the weekend. The boys had taken Isabella to their place for some quality time. Skylar went back home to visit her family. And Hunter is elsewhere handling business. She wasn't complaining though. She had a shitty week and all she wanted to do was sit in front of her tv while gobbling her food down.

A steaming hot shower and twerking in front of the mirror, she was spread across her bed scrolling through Netflix to find something interesting to watch. She was about to start an episode of WU Assisans when her doorbell rang. Rachel muted everything in hopes the intruder would leave. It was her weekend to herself and she was dammed if someone interrupted it.

The intruder ranged the doorbell once more until the person began knocking.

"I knew I should have parked in the back yard." She muttered to herself. She laid back once the knocking had stopped. Her finger hovered over the play button on the remote but stopped once the knocking began again. Huffing she yanked her covers off her body and stormed to the front door.

"What?!" She yelled before looking at the person.