(TW) Part 24

'Stay focused'. Rachel continued to run away from the secluded mansion. There was nothing but woods that surrounded Rachel as she ran for her life. The way The liquor that was in her system made her feel, was overlapping the pain in her body. It didn't matter. She just needed to get away.

Rachel looked back and noticed that the mansion was nowhere in sight. No one was chasing her and she was finally alone. She looked around in hopes of noticing a hint of a highway or even a river. There was nothing so she continued to run. She never stopped, not even when the sun had set.

Sometime after, Rachel found a cave. It gave her the conclusion that she was somewhere on a mountain. Her head was spinning and her feet were a bloody painful mess. Collapsing to the ground, she began to gag. Soon after she emptied her stomach of days worth of bread and cheese.

Collapsing to the ground, she cried. She cried for the friends she lost, the family she left behind, the father she lost, and for her first love

"Ryan." Rachel sobbed. She shivered and thought of the happy times in her life until drowsiness overtook her.

The moment she opened her eyes the next morning, she was on the run once again. By nightfall, she was about to give up until she saw a cloud of smoke. Rushing over to the possible fire, she heard voices.

"Help! Please help me!" Rachel continued to run. Sharp pain in her foot halted her movements. A piece of glass was sticking out of her foot with a heavy stream of blood. "Please! Help me!" She sobbed as she clutched her foot. She went to stand but fell to the ground. The adrenaline in her body had left and was overtaken by weakness.

'Whatever. What's the point of living now?'

Two tall men walked over to where the noise was. They searched with flashlights until they saw a figure laying on the ground.

-"Who the hell camps out here?"

-"She doesn't look like a camper. Here hold this."

One of the men picked up the unconscious female and took her back to the campsite.

-"Woah, I thought you said you heard sometime of animal, but you bring back a dead girl?" The girl questioned.

-"Shut up, fool. Let's head back to the cabin. There's no reception out here."

Rachel was unconscious the entire ride back to the cabin. She was placed in a bedroom as food and water were placed by the bedside for when she wakes up.

-"I wonder where she came from." The girl quietly questioned.

-"She can't stay here." The man that rescued her said. "We did everything we could to stay out of sight."

-"So what! She should stay until we're able to find out who she is. Stop being an asshole and wake her up."

The man grumbled but did as the unknown said. He poked Rachel's arm. "Hey." He poked her again. "Hey, wake up!" He yelled.

Rachel's eyes weakly opened and a blurred figure came into her view. As her eyes adjusted she saw that it was a man that was standing over her. She grabbed the sheet and ran to the corner of the room.

-"Aye man, nobody is going to hurt you. Just tell us what or who you ran from." The man stalked over to Rachel.

Rachel, however, curled up, "Don't hurt me!" she sobbed.

-"Leave the girl alone and go away. Just leave this to me!"

When the man left the room, the unknown girl stood several feet away as she talked. "There's food and water over there. Why don't get something to eat."