Part 6

(reminder: this story is the rough draft. the final version will be different)

Rachel, Skylar, and Ryan were enjoying their high school dance until the school's staff members decided that the electric slide was the in thing. A few of the teachers had the nerve to add the stanky leg into the mix. That alone was the cue to leave the building. They had their fill anyway. Besides, it's not like it was prom. Not wanting to end the night, the group decided to do something spontaneous.

"I can not believe you talked me into getting this," Ryan exclaimed. He was sitting beside Rachel, the last one to get her tattoo done.

"Oh come on. You were the one that said that tonight will be a night to remember, right? Now every time you look at this tattoo, we will come to your mind." Skylar said.

"I guess. But couldn't you have picked something, I don't know, better?" Ryan asked. "How do I explain this to the guys?"

"We would always watch The Lion King together back in the day. And the man person that could recite the lines were you. It's fine, right?" Rachel turned to smile at Ryan. A smile that could make anyone melt at the sight.

Sighing, he said, "It's already done anyway."

"Hey, Destiny just invited us to the after-party, wanna go?" Skylar walked up to the two after she received a phone call.

"Nah, there's something Rachel and I had planned tonight, but call us if you need anything," Ryan answered Skylar.

Rachel eyed him, completely confused about what they had planned. Nonetheless, she stayed quiet to avoid spoiling their evening. As far as she knew they never had plans for after the dance. But nonetheless, she stayed quiet and played along.

"Oooooooh Okay. Well then, Ray, call me tomorrow or whenever you decide to wake up." She smiled and waved.

"Wait, where are you going? How are you getting there?" Rachel yelled after her. "Don't stay out too late!"

"Jesus mom. My date drove to come to get me. I'll let you know when I leave the party."

"Alright, have fun darling, and don't do anything reckless." Rachel said in her mom's voice. "You hear, baby?"

Skylar looked at her tattoo then at Rachel and laughed. "Bye, sis!" She yelled back.

Ryan wrapped his arm around Rachel's shoulder as they walked out of the tattoo shop. He was happier than usual, unable to hide the massive grin on his face.

"So what do you have planned, Mr. Player?" She asked.

"Well... You'll see."

The lyrics to Selena Gomez, Beenie Man, and Cardi B filled the car as they drove to their next designation. Ryan couldn't help but join in on Rachel's karaoke session. He admired her carefree spirit. Every now and then he would glance at her smile.

Arriving at his mother's cabin outside of town, Ryan parked the vehicle. Turning off the engine, he turned towards Rachel. Fear is what he felt as his eyes met her warm hazel's.

"I really had an amazing night and I was hoping it wouldn't end there." He rubbed the back of his neck, Something he often does whenever he was nervous. "There's a collection of movies and snacks in there... Maybe we could spend the night together." He chuckled nervously. He didn't want to out and say what he wanted.

"Why are you so nervous, Ryan?" Rachel laughed. "It is not the first time we spent a night together. And more importantly, it's me. The same Rachel you knew for years, and the same Rachel that saw you dive into the pool and come back up with nothing on." She chuckled.